Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tylenol PM safe to take?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:43 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am 28 weeks today and insomnia has kicked in full force!  I have contractions pretty regular and have since about 20 weeks so Im always sore and now im not sleeping at night.  My doctor told me I could take 2 tylenol PM a day for the remainder of the 8 weeks that I have tell my c-section and the baby would be fine but when I look things up on line it seems like its a 50/50 if it is safe.  Any of you ladies have any idea or have taken it?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
babygriff2014
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:40 PM
I take it to help with sleep
lillucky8
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Im not sure, i would call your ob office and or the pharmacy to ask.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama.alicia
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Im not sure but i have heard of pregnant women taking it. I went into labor with my son and was contracting every two to three minutes but they were not strong enough contractions to be considered active labor.Very uncomfortable! They gave me two ambien to take when I got home to help me get some sleep and that is some strong stuff. I would think its okay..
Pandapanda
by Amber on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:47 PM
It's safe. It's essentially Tylenol mixed with a low dose of benadryl.
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Yes
cmj33
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I think if your doctor says its fine then you should be okay.
MamaJwlz
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I havent read any other replies, so idkwhat they've said BUT - I have had every one of my OB's tell me that Tylenol PM is ok to take. Reason being is that Tylenol PM is just Tylenol with Benadryl in it and both are perfectly safe during oregnancy. My OB now and my last have told me that benadryl is perfectly fine and can actually help with a lot of different pregnancy symptoms. Of course, speak with your own doctor about it, you may have some underlying condition where it's not ok, or wharever...but this is my experience. Good luck!

* Be kind whenever it is possible. It is -always- possible. *
sweetpeasmom200
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Thanks ladies!  Im going to try it tonight!

sugareemommee
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:16 PM
It's fine - I had terrible insomnia - but my problem was it gave me TERRIBLE restless legs, it was worse than the insomnia!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)