Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do hospitals

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 27 Replies

Do water births?

With DS I never asked and it was my first baby so I didn't want to do a water birth.

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:49 PM
It depends on the hospital but I think most allow you to labor in the water but want you out before you give birth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:50 PM

We have one hospital here that does do full on water births, sadly my doctor doesnt work out of that hospital. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

You bet they do!  But, it really depends on the hospital though.  I have had a water birth in a hospital before.

doulala
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Yes they sure do!    :-)
Why not do one with your first?  We can do them anytime!
What appeals to you about the setting? 

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:53 PM
It depends. They just stopped allowing them in the hospitals in the town where I live, sadly. Some will let you labor in the tub, but make you get out to push.
hershey6
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM
The hospital I delivered in was the only one in Denver that does water births. Don't know if it is more common in other places or not.
RaLeighsMommy11
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM
It depends on the hospital. There is not a hospital within 200 miles of me that has a tub for you to labor in. They all have showers but of course who wants to stand in the shower during intense contractions? Sitting down would be so much better! I wish the hospitals around here had a tub :( even if it was a small one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11: It depends on the hospital. There is not a hospital within 200 miles of me that has a tub for you to labor in. They all have showers but of course who wants to stand in the shower during intense contractions? Sitting down would be so much better! I wish the hospitals around here had a tub :( even if it was a small one

You can use a birth ball, squat, or put a towel on the floor and kneel in the shower, too-  if you'd like.   ;-)
Check to see if you can bring a tub.    Or about using a different setting to birth if you're interested-  it's worth it! 

RaLeighsMommy11
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Ah never even thought of that! My baby is 9 months though lol. I still just lurk around in here. We will have another though hopefully in the next year and I will have to keep that in mind!

Quoting doulala:

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11: It depends on the hospital. There is not a hospital within 200 miles of me that has a tub for you to labor in. They all have showers but of course who wants to stand in the shower during intense contractions? Sitting down would be so much better! I wish the hospitals around here had a tub :( even if it was a small one

You can use a birth ball, squat, or put a towel on the floor and kneel in the shower, too-  if you'd like.   ;-)
Check to see if you can bring a tub.    Or about using a different setting to birth if you're interested-  it's worth it! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Sometimes moms stay in the shower for most of their labor--   hospitals have an ever-replenishing supply of hot water that home doesn't have!    lol
SO's are great supports in the shower, too.   I try to remind moms to pack their DH's swim trunks in the hospital bag.    ;-)
I wish you the best of luck in the future!! 

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11: Ah never even thought of that! My baby is 9 months though lol. I still just lurk around in here. We will have another though hopefully in the next year and I will have to keep that in mind!

Quoting doulala: 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)