Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i hate my body

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:05 PM
  • 12 Replies
And i hate my dr.s i have had to be induced with my other two kids and the one time i go into labor naturally with this one they pumped me full of meds to stop it because it was three days before 36weeks. I am 38weeks thursday and every day i get 3-6 HOURS of 6min long painfull contractions that just stop and never get closer together. I am 4cm and 80percent effaced and babies head is engaged. I cant sit, literally, because of the pain of the baby being so low and sleeping is an almost non existant. I have been told over and over "you wont go another week being so dilated and contracting" but here i sit, still pregnant and depressed. I will go overdue and have to be induced AGAIN and it makes me start to cry everytime someone asks me why i havent had my baby yet. My birthday is wed. And i really wanted the baby out this year not 2014 but that wont happen. I know im venting and rambling and most of you will remind me that i still have 2weeks till im due but indont care because whether i am booked tomorrow or the 30th of jan it will be an induction because my body doesnt work how its supposed to and i am very upset about it. ONE baby without being induced is all i wanted and i had ine shot at it and they gave me meds and now ill never go on my own again. Im sick of nipple stimulation, sex, walking, bouncing etc. I just want to lay in bed until my induction date but i cant even do that because i cant lay down baby is too low and it gives me sharp pain unless im standing. Ok vent over.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:08 PM

HUGS!
Sounds really frustrating!!
Why do you assume you will induce?

krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:11 PM
With dd i was induced at 36weeks because of extremly low fluid. With ds i had same thing as this one weeks of painfull contractions that dilated me a little (2cm i think) and stopped. Daily hours of contractions that stalled out and had to be induced finally. This is doing the same thing. I am contemplating castor oil but with the way my body is itll just give me the poops and not keep my contractions going.

Quoting doulala:

HUGS!

doulala
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Well it *might* help, but there are plenty of other things that are safer that might work first-   might be worth ramping up gradually to that (if needed).

Quoting krusesbaby: With dd i was induced at 36weeks because of extremly low fluid. With ds i had same thing as this one weeks of painfull contractions that dilated me a little (2cm i think) and stopped. Daily hours of contractions that stalled out and had to be induced finally. This is doing the same thing. I am contemplating castor oil but with the way my body is itll just give me the poops and not keep my contractions going.

Quoting doulala:

HUGS!

krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Excluding the cohosh thing i have tried everything lol. Chiropractor sex like 3x daily pressure points pineapple walking bouncing jumping jacks spicy food. It all gets my hopes up because i get good contractions but they always stop after a few hours and never get harder or closer than 6min

Quoting doulala:

Well it *might* help, but there are plenty of other things that are safer that might work first-   might be worth ramping up gradually to that (if needed).

Quoting krusesbaby: With dd i was induced at 36weeks because of extremly low fluid. With ds i had same thing as this one weeks of painfull contractions that dilated me a little (2cm i think) and stopped. Daily hours of contractions that stalled out and had to be induced finally. This is doing the same thing. I am contemplating castor oil but with the way my body is itll just give me the poops and not keep my contractions going.

Quoting doulala:

HUGS!

doulala
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:30 PM

It's hard--     but the truth is, your baby and body are not yet ready for labor.    They are fighting *against* the attempts...     There can be other reasons for labor symptoms like contracting and dilating.    Have you worked on optimal fetal positioning or chiropractic to help slow things down/ease them up?
The more you try stuff the more exhausted & fustrated you could become when-if they don't help.

Quoting krusesbaby: Excluding the cohosh thing i have tried everything lol. Chiropractor sex like 3x daily pressure points pineapple walking bouncing jumping jacks spicy food. It all gets my hopes up because i get good contractions but they always stop after a few hours and never get harder or closer than 6min

Quoting doulala: 

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:35 PM
I see the chiropractor weekly. How can the head be engaged i be 4cm dilated and NOT be redy for labor. Baby was obviously ready 2weeks ago and they stopped it. The dr said because of the meds they gave me it cud be very hard for me to go into labor again. I havent tried anything in like a week. Im sick of trying. I just wish people would stop calling me asking me how i feel or if i feel like ill be in labor today. How am i supposed to know what that feels like? Ive never gone on my own.

Quoting doulala:

It's hard--     but the truth is, your baby and body are not yet ready for labor.    They are fighting *against* the attempts...     There can be other reasons for labor symptoms like contracting and dilating.    Have you worked on optimal fetal positioning or chiropractic to help slow things down/ease them up?
The more you try stuff the more exhausted & fustrated you could become when-if they don't help.

Quoting krusesbaby: Excluding the cohosh thing i have tried everything lol. Chiropractor sex like 3x daily pressure points pineapple walking bouncing jumping jacks spicy food. It all gets my hopes up because i get good contractions but they always stop after a few hours and never get harder or closer than 6min

Quoting doulala: 
fam3113
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Currently 39, weeks. Zero dilated and not effaced. Cervix is tightly closed. I too was frustrated with my body. But now I just accept that it's not time! It's frustrating. You want your pregnancy sentence to be over and most of all for your body to work. But it's not on our clock unfortunately.

As for the phone calls? I get them too. I don't answer any more. My family calls DH. I let him update them or else I'll probably curse them out! Lol family can be so excited they can't see they are actually uber annoying.

Quoting krusesbaby: I see the chiropractor weekly. How can the head be engaged i be 4cm dilated and NOT be redy for labor. Baby was obviously ready 2weeks ago and they stopped it. The dr said because of the meds they gave me it cud be very hard for me to go into labor again. I havent tried anything in like a week. Im sick of trying. I just wish people would stop calling me asking me how i feel or if i feel like ill be in labor today. How am i supposed to know what that feels like? Ive never gone on my own.

Quoting doulala:

Quoting doulala: 
krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:51 PM
If i dont answer they blow up my phone thinking something is wrong. Ugh im going to have to anselwer wed. Because its my birthday and im just going to tell them straight up to stop asking because it depressed me.

Quoting fam3113: Currently 39, weeks. Zero dilated and not effaced. Cervix is tightly closed. I too was frustrated with my body. But now I just accept that it's not time! It's frustrating. You want your pregnancy sentence to be over and most of all for your body to work. But it's not on our clock unfortunately.

As for the phone calls? I get them too. I don't answer any more. My family calls DH. I let him update them or else I'll probably curse them out! Lol family can be so excited they can't see they are actually uber annoying.

Quoting krusesbaby: I see the chiropractor weekly. How can the head be engaged i be 4cm dilated and NOT be redy for labor. Baby was obviously ready 2weeks ago and they stopped it. The dr said because of the meds they gave me it cud be very hard for me to go into labor again. I havent tried anything in like a week. Im sick of trying. I just wish people would stop calling me asking me how i feel or if i feel like ill be in labor today. How am i supposed to know what that feels like? Ive never gone on my own.

Quoting doulala:

Quoting doulala: 
doulala
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:52 PM

The head may be gradually malpositioned, tilted, asinclitic. ?     
Optimal Fetal Positioning - Spinning Babies    

This is really hard, I know!   These links may help some--  hugs!

Is this "labor" or PRODROMAL LABOR??

Quoting doulala:

Quoting doulala: 

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I'm sorry hun :( I really hope baby comes very soon for you

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Baby #2 is on the way:-

baby development

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)