Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for those with a short cervix...

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM
  • 6 Replies

Are any of you NOT going on bed rest for a short cervix? My Dr. said bed rest would not make a difference or put me at an increased risk for pre term labor. Even though he assures me bed rest wont help, im confused about his "pressure" theory. If standing walking ect does not put extra pressure on your cervix then why does everybody that gets a cerclage go on bed rest? Sometimes I feel like he makes no sense, but when I go to him for clarification I leave or hang up just as confused. Who is NOT doing bed rest for a short cervix or at least been told it wont help?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
evilangel198431
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:26 PM
I have a short cervix and have never been put on bed rest for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CupcakeFairy24
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM

if you dont mind me asking how far along are you and is it shorter than 2cm?

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:20 PM

With my second pregnancy I had a short cervix, I was placed on modified bedrest. 

azn_ladie82
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I was told I had a short cervix with my 3rd son. I was actually put on bedrest at the hospital with him and he still came early at 29 weeks (my oldest was born at 37 weeks and my middle was born at 27 weeks). This pregnancy I was put on progesterone shots to keep my cervix thick. Has your doctor brought that up to you? My OB checks my cervix every two weeks to make sure it still measures thick.

LaDulceVida
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:16 PM
I don't have a short cervix and I've actually never heard of one. What exactly does this mean for the cervix/conceiving/pregnancy?
sweetsavannah10
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:17 PM
I have a short cervix and was never on bedrest
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)