Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just a tiny bit freaked out

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:37 PM
  • 3 Replies
I will be 27 weeks tomorrow with baby #4. I went today to get my glucose test done (which wasn't too bad). When I was there I also had a regular apt. The nurse asked me if I had been having contractions and I told her that yes I had. They were hard, but not consistent or timeable. She said any contractions are best to be checked out just in case. So the dr checked me and said that I'm not dilated, but I am 50% effaced already. I told him that with my last baby I was 4 cm for at least 2 weeks before my baby was born at 38 weeks. He then got concerned. I have another apt next Monday to make sure nothing else is happening. I'm not working and I sit on my butt all day except for making dinner/meals which doesn't take that long. I currently only have 1 kid at home as the other two live with their father.

I don't know what to do. If I could stand on my head to make my cervix stay closed I would (try at least).

What are your opinions about what's happening?
CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:41 PM

It doesn't sound that concerning to me, but I'm not an expert. I've had BH contractions that I can feel and can be uncomfortable since about 20 weeks, and I'm now 40 and still very pregnant, lol.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:23 AM
I typically efface and dilate at least 2cm for a month before I go into labor. This far along with #4, your body is just planning way ahead because it knows what tl do when it's go-time.
Junebaby18
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Quoting Pandapanda: I typically efface and dilate at least 2cm for a month before I go into labor. This far along with #4, your body is just planning way ahead because it knows what tl do when it's go-time.

I sure hope that's all it is. I want this baby to stay in at least 10 more weeks. He's too tiny to be born now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)