• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After Pregnancy

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:28 PM
  • 11 Replies

I'm 29 weeks pregnant with baby #2 and thinking about how much better my life has become after #1. My 6yo DS brings so much joy to my heart I can't even put it into proper words. 

All the nausea, pain, problems and recovery are a small price to pay for something so precious. I definitely don't plan on doing this again, but it is worth every moment. 

Looking forward to meeting my new little guy and feeling very blessed and thankful.

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

aw!  you teared me up!    sniff--

giving heart

srm8824
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww, that's really sweet and insightful. I agree completely!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww I love posts like these!  There is so much to be thankful for!  I had my lil girl last September, and I looked at her all swaddled up in her swing today...and she melted my heart.  She brings so much joy to the family and myself.

LeeBug32
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Aw! Aren't they precious?

Quoting meam4444:

Awww I love posts like these!  There is so much to be thankful for!  I had my lil girl last September, and I looked at her all swaddled up in her swing today...and she melted my heart.  She brings so much joy to the family and myself.

fam3113
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Can't wait to have mine so I can experience this euphoria
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Even when they are driving you absolutely crazy (i have 4atm- 8,6,4,3) you couldn't imagine life without them. They definitely make life worth living, especially the crazy moments. It's funny that when I was in HS I knew I'd want ONE eventually & never imagined being a SAHM. I had a plan, I had goals. Then my 1st son was born and all that went out the window. Nothing else mattered but being his mommy. We've just multiplied that a couple more times and it's fantastic :)
LeeBug32
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Aw!  I never really saw myself as the motherly type, but my friends did.  After having DS, I just wanted to take care of him all the time.  I work right now, but have wanted to SAH the whole time.  This time, it doesn't make financial sense to go back to work so the plan is not to :)

Quoting Proud-mama-05: Even when they are driving you absolutely crazy (i have 4atm- 8,6,4,3) you couldn't imagine life without them. They definitely make life worth living, especially the crazy moments. It's funny that when I was in HS I knew I'd want ONE eventually & never imagined being a SAHM. I had a plan, I had goals. Then my 1st son was born and all that went out the window. Nothing else mattered but being his mommy. We've just multiplied that a couple more times and it's fantastic :)

Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:45 PM
My mother was actually a little worried how I would do at 1st because I wasn't very fond of most children growing up. Didn't have much experience. To be honest I still have very little patients for most other peoples kids but an almost endless amount for my own.. most days.

Quoting LeeBug32:

Aw!  I never really saw myself as the motherly type, but my friends did.  After having DS, I just wanted to take care of him all the time.  I work right now, but have wanted to SAH the whole time.  This time, it doesn't make financial sense to go back to work so the plan is not to :)

Quoting Proud-mama-05: Even when they are driving you absolutely crazy (i have 4atm- 8,6,4,3) you couldn't imagine life without them. They definitely make life worth living, especially the crazy moments. It's funny that when I was in HS I knew I'd want ONE eventually & never imagined being a SAHM. I had a plan, I had goals. Then my 1st son was born and all that went out the window. Nothing else mattered but being his mommy. We've just multiplied that a couple more times and it's fantastic :)

corpswife523
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Made me teary eyed since I'm having my first baby (boy) in 2 days!

I'm overwhelmed with so many emotions!
LeeBug32
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I feel the same, but I was pretty good with kids as a youngster because I took care of my little stepsister and babysat a lot. 

Quoting Proud-mama-05: My mother was actually a little worried how I would do at 1st because I wasn't very fond of most children growing up. Didn't have much experience. To be honest I still have very little patients for most other peoples kids but an almost endless amount for my own.. most days.

Quoting LeeBug32:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)