Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Gender prediction test and wise tales

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:52 PM
  • 8 Replies

did you try any of these and how right..or worng were they?

. The Baking Soda Test — Put enough baking soda into a cup to cover the bottom, then pee into the cup. If the baking soda fizzes, you’re having a boy, if it doesn’t react, a girl.

2. The Cabbage Test — Cut one red cabbage into chunks, boil for 10 minutes, then set aside. Head for the bathroom, and pee into a cup. In a separate cup, mix 1 part urine with 1 part cabbage water. If the water turns pink or red, this indicates boy. If the water is purple, it’s a girl.

intelligender At home gender prediction tests: Fun or crazy?3. The Drano Test — Yes, I said Drano. No, I didn’t try it. Fill one glass jar wtih 2 tablespoons of Crystal Drano, a second glass jar should contain 2-3 ounces of urine. Take test materials outside (I feel like I should recommend safety glasses, or maybe even discourage trying this one at all!), and pour urine into the glass with the Drano. If the mixture turns dark brown within 10 seconds, it’s a boy—no change, it’s a girl.

4. IntelliGender — This is an over-the-counter gender prediction test available at drugstores. Once again, you will pee into a cup to find results. IntelliGender claims 90% accuracy, and can be performed as early as 10 weeks. I actually took this test, it said boy. The $29.99 that I spent made me wish I had opted for baking soda, especially after finding out at 20 weeks that it is not a boy!

5. Hairline Gender Test — If this is your second child, check your son or daughters neck hairline. If the hairline comes to a point, the baby you are pregnant with will be the opposite gender. If the hairline goes straight across, it will be the same gender. This test also indicated boy for me.

6. Chinese Gender Chart — Consult the Chinese gender chart to see if you’re having a boy, or a girl. This one was accurate for me, ultrasounds have confirmed that I am having a girl!

My own instincts that I was carrying another boy, combined with the results on a few of these tests, left me pretty surprised when the ultrasound tech told me that she saw girl parts.

Are these tests harmless fun, or a crazy waste of time? Have you tried any of the listed tests, or others?

by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lind.shep
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 5:40 PM
I only tried the first and last ones for this pregnancy. They both said boy- and where right.
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 5:51 PM

chinese gender test- said boy

baking soda test-said boy

online gender pesiction test-said boy

and I had a boy

babie113
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 6:15 PM
everything says girl for me I wont know till the end of feb im 14weeks
Rosehawk
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 6:25 PM

The only one I've tried is the Chinese Gender one. It was wrong for my son, and accurate for my daughter. I'll find out tomorrow if #3 is a boy, as predicted.

staciexo
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Everything has always been wrong for me with all three. Lol

kcmminva79
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 7:49 PM
I got both results with baking soda test... the first few were girl and the last was a boy.
The hair line test on my youngest ( son) is a point so girl result.
Ring test said girl
I get both results on the gender charts....more say girl than boy

Hope we find out Tuesday!!
Chrissy_Lynn
by Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:30 PM

I did the chinese gender chart and intelligender and it said girl. I have had two ultrasounds and its a boy 

srm8824
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:20 PM

They are fun :) My sons hairline comes to a point, chinese gender and ring tests say girl so we'll see!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN