Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

For those of you who had antibiotic babies... (please help)

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 4:52 AM
  • 34 Replies

Hey all

Okay so here's my sitch... I had sex with a close friend of mine tonight (no we arent together... its very complicated) I am on the pill because I have PCOS and they are trying to regulate me even though all I want is to have a baby... I realized after I had sex with him that I have been on a high dose of antibiotics for 3 days... I had looked it up beforehand and saw that only 2 antibiotics mess with BC... then afterwards i was going through my browsing history and saw a few other sites that said the one im on augmentin, DOES make BC innefective... 

I just got off my period on Friday... When i started teh antibiotics... what are the odds that after tonight I could be pregnant??? Does anyone know numbers on it??? 

I've been on my regular pills not the placebos for 4 days now... 3 of those were antibiotic days... 

Here's my thing though

I want to be a mom more than anything else in the world... IF i get pregnant i will be so so happy... so now i'm kinda hoping the odds might be more in my favor... though i know its unlikely...

anyways

Any advice would be lovely... 

also any stories are welcome on if you were on a BC and had a baby... Or know someone this happened to...

THANKYOU 

BABY DUST TO ALL!!!!!!

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 4:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The_Fool
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 4:58 AM

BUMP!

cowgirls10181
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:05 AM
Check your fertal days on a calender
The_Fool
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:07 AM
According to my calender if I wasn't on the pill i would be fertile on the 9th-14th... I know sperm can live in the body up to 5 days... So maybe this whole antibiotic deal will make me O and maybe early??? *sigh*

Quoting cowgirls10181: Check your fertal days on a calender
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:41 AM

You can't predict it, just ride it out.  And it is really complicated if you are and he thought you were protected.  He may not be ready to be a dad and only had sex with you thinking he was safe.  Obviously nothing is 100% safe, but...

SoInLove515
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:41 AM
will your friend be happy? I don't really know the answer, but I wish you the best.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:28 AM
It's more than likely not a fertile period for you, I'm going to have to say the odds are very low, especially since you have bc in your system.
Mom2Adalee
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:06 AM
4 moms liked this
I understand baby fever, but having a two week old and feeling the exhaustion, I can honestly say that it would be so hard to have a baby without a loving, supportive partner coming home from work to help every day. Wait until you are with the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. I am not here to judge, I just wouldn't want to see anyone struggle unnecessarily. Best wishes for you!
Tea4Tas
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Way to screw over your friend who trusted you to handle the birth control.

Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:41 AM
I completely agree.

Quoting Pandapanda: It's more than likely not a fertile period for you, I'm going to have to say the odds are very low, especially since you have bc in your system.
SuprMom12042702
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Not me, but both of my ex sister in laws got pregnant with twins while on birth control and taking an antibiotic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)