Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Fruit juice can cause miscarriages? (piog)

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:34 AM
  • 17 Replies

Someone else posted this in another group...  I thought I would post it here. I found it interesting. Of course I or anyone else should do more research, not just take this to be 100% true. 

Girl in Red Drinks Juice

Sulphur dioxide is found in things like dried fruit, fruit juices and even in the doctor’s choice: muesli. It’s used as a preservative, and as the glue which helps to hold the food together.

Unfortunately it’s not made for the human body – and “when introduced it inhibits specific nerve signals, restricts lung performance, and is a direct allergen.”

It’s also been linked to miscarriages, and is one of the top two most common air pollutants.

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:41 AM
2 moms liked this
It's a preservative. No worse than the preservatives in any processed food or drink.
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:12 AM
3 moms liked this
I drank gallons and gallons of fruit juice while pregnant.
Larsbug
by Laura on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

highly doubt this completely true

fluffball80
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:18 AM
3 moms liked this

It seems that most everything can cause a miscarriage.  I am just waiting for a report that says breathing can cause a miscarriage.  It amazes me with all these studies and advice that the humane race has even been able to exist for as long as what we have.

KariC33
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I think i heard this somewhere as well but not sure if its really true or not.
smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:19 AM
2 moms liked this
I drank apple juice by the gallons with my first pregnancy... I don't think this is true.
MyCaptain
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 3:50 PM
I've been drinking juice a lot. I call bullshit.
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Probably not
BrittSam2011
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Ha ha! Me, too. With my first I think we estimated I drank roughly 18 gallons of Tree Top apple juice. I always had a big bottle on my hand. Of course, I also gained 60 lbs. lol so that probably wasn't so great. 

Quoting LeapBaby123: I drank gallons and gallons of fruit juice while pregnant.

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jan. 7, 2014 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this
For me, it was orange juice. Couldn't get enough of that stuff! I still love it. After baby was born, they asked me what I wanted to eat and all I wanted was orange juice. Haha.

Quoting BrittSam2011:

Ha ha! Me, too. With my first I think we estimated I drank roughly 18 gallons of Tree Top apple juice. I always had a big bottle on my hand. Of course, I also gained 60 lbs. lol so that probably wasn't so great. 

Quoting LeapBaby123: I drank gallons and gallons of fruit juice while pregnant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)