Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Healthy Pregnancy Challenge Day 4: Drink up!

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:34 AM
  • 41 Replies

Healthy Pregnancy Challenge Day 4: Drink Up!

scubaStaying hydrated is essential during your pregnancy.

Swelling and even braxton hicks contractions can become more of an issue if you are dehydrated- so make sure you are getting plenty of water to drink!

• Are you drinking water everyday?
  • Do you drink the recommended 6-8 ounces a day of water?
  • If your little one has arrived already, tell us how you did with drinking water when you were pregnant. 

One member who signs up for our Healthy Pregnancy Challenge and replies to our daily challenge posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Join our Healthy Pregnancy Challenge! WIN a $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES! 
If you missed yesterday's you can find it here:
Healthy Pregnancy Challenge Day 3: Take care of your teeth 

Join us in the Pregnancy group!
Pregnancy

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
My doctor got on me a little bit at my last visit because my urine showed me a bit dehydrated, so I have been trying really hard to get my water in now.

I only drink water besides the one glass of orange juice I have in the morning, my problem is I forget to drink it because I never feel thirsty.
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:36 AM
I'm trying to be better about the water. I'm not buying pop anymore so it's my only option in the house. I try to drink 3 water bottles everyday but, sadly, don't always get there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyCaptain
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM
I try to drink a lot of water everyday but it doesn't always happen. My doctor recommends a gallon a day!
iamnameless
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:50 AM
I don't get that much water. I drink like 4cups a day.
Paigesmommy78
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:52 AM
I always drink a lot of water
KelliansMom
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a huge Tarvis cup that I just refile once I empty it. I don't really count how many I drink though. I also add frozen fruit to flavor the water so I don't get bored with plan ice water.
Lynette
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:53 AM
During pregnancy I splurge on bottled water. My fav is store brand spring water. I drink a lot more water when I have bottled water in the house.
morgan483
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:54 AM

FYI - you need to retype that, I think you mean 6-8 GLASSES, not OUNCES of water per day. That being said, I always surpass 6-8 glasses, normally do 10-12. I keep a 24 oz tumbler next to me at work and refill all day...probably gets filled 3-4 times on an average day. Then I drink water also while at the gym and at home in the evenings.

KristiHagan
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:56 AM
I always have something to drink with me, mostly water. If I get bored with water I squirt a flavor in it or put s lemon or lime wedge in it. :) I sure do miss my iced tea though.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:05 AM
I try to keep my water bottle filled. I alternate between plain water & crystal lite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)