Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Healthy Pregnancy Challenge Day 6: Are you catching enough Z's?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:22 AM
  • 34 Replies

Healthy Pregnancy Challenge Day 6: 

Do you make sure you are getting enough sleep? During pregnancy, you will probably be more fatigued then normal, and remember you are growing a new little life, and that will be tiring!

How much do you sleep each night?

How do you make sure that you are getting enough sleep?

have a good night Here are some quick tips on getting the rest you need:

• Try a pregnancy pillow to help support your body and keep yourself comfortable in bed
  • Some pregnant moms sleep better in an upright position
  • Be sure to unwind before bed, with a relaxing bath or shower, a good book, some yoga exercises, or a cup of tea or milk
  • If you are experiencing severe sleep issues, be sure to check with your doctor before trying any sleep medication while pregnant

One member who signs up for our Healthy Pregnancy Challenge and replies to our daily challenge posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!
Join our Healthy Pregnancy Challenge! WIN a $25 gift card and lots of other PRIZES!

If you missed yesterday's you can find it here:
Healthy Pregnancy Challenge Day 5: Get moving! BONUS DAY - WIN a CafeMom Tote Bag!  

Join us in the Pregnancy group!
Pregnancy

by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Ugh! I'm so tired all the time right now. All I want to do is lay down and sleep, I have no motivation at all. I get about 7-8 hours of sleep a night, and end up laying down to rest for about 2-3 hours during the day because I just have to. Between the tiredness, the nausea, the burping, the fatigued feeling, the headache, I do wish I was getting more sleep.

smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I am always tired, but I get a lot of sleep at night. Usually between 8-10 hours. 

CutieCrab
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:52 AM

I try...  I work at 3:30 in the am...  So I go to bed early... And I try to take naps... I love naps!

KelliansMom
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:53 AM
I was sleeping good. But heartburn has been killer this week. I finally got some tums so that should help. I have a body pillow that I sleep with too that really helps.
MixedCooke
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:54 AM
I know Im not since I work nights. I do try to nap as often as I can.
SexiSeaBeeWife
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:26 AM
I get enough I hope. I also take naps quite often.
mcgoldricswife
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:26 AM
I get maybe 6 hours of interrupted sleep at night and a nap of maybe 1-2 hour of interrupted sleep.
bamamommy2009
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I go to bed at 10pm and get up roughly 630-7 everyday. I am still so tired even now, during the weekends I take a nap to try and get some extra sleep but there is so much to be done

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Great tips.

I do not sleep enough. My 18mo still wakes up frequently through the night :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
morgan483
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:06 PM

I still aim to get my 8 hours. I do one pillow between my legs, and then sort of lay my belly half on one with the other end of the pillow coming out behind my back for back support. It's helping relieve some pain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN