Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am I a bad Mum because I don't want to breast feed?

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:51 AM
  • 204 Replies
Hello ladies little advice needed. I'm 35 weeks pregnant with my second baby and I'm very happy to bottle feed her. I did this with my first daughter and got along fine. But since I've announced that I'm planning on feeding the same with this one I've been met with quite a few hurtful comments. I know the advantages of breastfeeding but I just can't see myself doing it. Does this make me a worse mum as I'm starting to feel like it :(
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
esox
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 5:01 AM
5 moms liked this
Absolutely. Just kidding. You need to do what works best for you and yours. In the end formula fed babies are just as smart and healthy as breast fed babies. It doesn't make you a better or worse mother as long as you are still feeding your baby and making sure he/she is growing.
navybeauty88
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 5:03 AM
3 moms liked this
Absolutely not. It's your choice. Don't beat yourself up over it and don't let others make you feel bad about it.
steffiecox
by Steph on Jan. 7, 2014 at 5:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Its your choice. You're the mother and you get to say how that baby will be fed. Don't let what others say get to you.
jamamama00
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 5:14 AM
1 mom liked this
No. Breastfeeding sucks. No pun intended lol.
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 7:07 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree and I'm a breastfeeding mom lol!

Quoting jamamama00: No. Breastfeeding sucks. No pun intended lol.
mommy2casidee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 7:11 AM
10 moms liked this
You could always pump. In my opinion you owe it to your baby to give him or her the best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimbyann
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm with you.

Quoting mommy2casidee: You could always pump. In my opinion you owe it to your baby to give him or her the best.
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Jan. 7, 2014 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this
My oldest 2 were exclusively formula fed (although I did try BF but it didn't work) my younger 2 were BF for 5 months then formula fed. They were all happy and healthy and well fed. In the end that's what matters not necessarily how you get there. Breast milk is best but it doesn't always work for everyone for WHATEVER reason. I don't think it should factor into what kind of mother you are.
lillettemomma
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I never breastfed any of my kids and I won't with this one either..... it's not for me and I don't care what other ppl say
mummykarly
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 8:01 AM
I don't even want to pump I just don't think it's for me at all yet all I get is insulted by people really horrible x
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured