Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Clomid question.

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:53 AM
  • 16 Replies
Hey ladies how many of you got pregnant with the help of clomid? How many resulted in mulitples? I'm just curious twins run in my family already but I was diagnosed woth PCOS and my Dr is talking about clomid and ive HEARD that clomid usually causes the body to drop more then one egg so I'm curious... Thanks (:
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I have no experience but Cafemom has a group called Clomid chicks that can answer your question.

Good luck
ArmyWife90
by New Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:59 AM
Quoting DACIA79: I have no experience but Cafemom has a group called Clomid chicks that can answer your question.

Good luck
great thank you I had no idea! (:
Peregrine
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 6:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I used Clomid and have twin 4 year old boys.
kajira
by Emma on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this

I didn't respond to clomid, so I used a drug called Femera that's in a similar class of drugs and works in a similar way.

It tends to work better for PCOS patients, especially those who aren't good responders to clomid.

It has a lower risk of multiples than clomid - but I got pregnant with twins on it.

Hopen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I did not get pregnant off of Clomid, I was on it for awhile with no luck. The most eggs I released on Clomid was 2 and that only happened once. The rest of the time, it was one.

I got my multiples (quads) with Follistim injectables and an IUI. We lost one baby a few hours before delivery at 29 weeks!

GL and I hope you get the results you want! ;)

Chaos1229
by Tasha on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no experience i just want to wish you good luck :)

mommyofone123
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I got pregnant with all 4 of my kids with clomid (all singletons) and I was on 100mg, 100mg,100mg and 150mg when I got pregnant. If you have any other questions about clomid please feel free to ask!  :) 

monicas3w
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Never took it but a friend of mine's sister in law stole a script from her friend at 19 to see what it would do and she now has triplets.

sarahtbkh
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:53 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL!! I don't know why but this response made me laugh...hard. I mean I can imagine..."Let's see if this crap really works" 4 weeks later "Er....I'm pregnant with triplets".

Quoting monicas3w:

Never took it but a friend of mine's sister in law stole a script from her friend at 19 to see what it would do and she now has triplets.

MomOf3AngelBabe
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Pregnant with triplets with 150mg's of Clomid and an HSG. I too have PCOS. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN