Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have a question

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:15 AM
  • 129 Replies
What is so bad about being a teen mom im letting you know that i am 17 a senior and will graduate in may and will move out in july so what exactly is so wrong about being a teen mom and this question is about the teen mom who actually try to be a mom not the ones that party and dont care
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrswalker2012
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:22 AM
I was a mom at 17 as well and people always have things to say. I didn't party and still don't, I graduated and moved out and am in college now. Just don't let people get to you everyone thinks they know it all when they don't because they're not you or living your life. Congrats on your baby, I'm expecting my 3rd in May.
addied1
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:28 AM
Ah actually im not pregers i thought i wasnt but no.but ever since the first pregnancy scare ive been wanting a baby my fiance has been wanted one but i kept saying no we need to wait till at least after high school but now since im out in five months i keep thinking how it will be him taking care of our child and me giving our child baths and feeding him or her. I know i should want a kid at.this age but i do ive watched a day in the life of a teen mom on youtube and i feel i could do it
addied1
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:32 AM
And congrats on your child one of my friends just had her baby i call him my nephew
cuz we that close as friends i ask her about diffrent things like does she hate or regret it does she feel she should of waited and she said .she wouldnt change it ive asked alot of teen mom and they all say the same some wish they were teen like regular teens but thats cuz they use to party alot
Pandapanda
by Amber on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:42 AM
4 moms liked this
I was 19 when I had my first. At some point down the line you'll say or think something along the lines of, "I love my kids, but I wish I had been able to do _________" before becoming a parent. It's not a bad thing, everyone does it I'm sure.. but being a mother isn't easy.
addied1
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:51 AM
I never said it was easy but its not impossible my mom had me when she was. 21. She moved back cuz i was her first but her moving caused me to be a premature and my grandma had 3 kids by the age of ,23 but had my uncle when she was.18 my family has had some teen moms in the history so i know its not impossible and they had worse going.on like the depression. Im just saying watch what the mom on youtube did it didnt see. Impossible
MixedCooke
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Frankly, I just think you havent really lived life to its fullest at that age, enjoyed the college experience, enjoyed your early 20s, know yourself well enough to choose a good husband and father for your child, traveled, much less are financially established by then to support the numerous costs relating to having and raising children, etc. 

addied1
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:00 AM
Ive already chosen a husband and a great father and honestly i dont really want to travel i know having a child now will set me back on going to college but i still will go. I want to major in pschology.
Flobrooks
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:10 AM
5 moms liked this

Have you priced rent, furniture, food, baby items, electricity, food, baby food, doctor visits, cars and their upkeep?.  What kind of job do you plan to get to pay for these things? Isyour proposed father willing to ake enough commitment to get married and stick arould to help when the fairy tail comes to an end which it will?

briellesmomma
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:11 AM
This.

Quoting MixedCooke:

Frankly, I just think you havent really lived life to its fullest at that age, enjoyed the college experience, enjoyed your early 20s, know yourself well enough to choose a good husband and father for your child, traveled, much less are financially established by then to support the numerous costs relating to having and raising children, etc. 

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Very valid points.

And how will you continue to evolve your relationship with him? That's important too. It's hard to have alone time with young kids. What will you do when you two want to go on a date?

Quoting Flobrooks:

Have you priced rent, furniture, food, baby items, electricity, food, baby food, doctor visits, cars and their upkeep?.  What kind of job do you plan to get to pay for these things? Isyour proposed father willing to ake enough commitment to get married and stick arould to help when the fairy tail comes to an end which it will?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)