Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She put the fear of God in me...

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:23 AM
  • 31 Replies
4 moms liked this

I'm sitting downstairs, supposed to be working on my classes, and I'm listening to the sound of her starting to stir from upstairs. I am a bit late announcing her birth but here she is anyway :) about an hour after birth

My husband and midwife laughing at my funny faces breathing through a contraction I had mid-picture. Except this is my husband's poor attempt at keeping a straight face lol. No fists flying, I was laughing too ;) 7-8 cm here

At home 6 hours after her birth

She was a mystery baby :) My daughter was a mystery too but we all had a great intuition she was a girl. My husband was dead set that this was another boy though ;) he was so funny when he announced her to me lol he was laughing like he didn't believe he just had another baby girl born to him. She came December 20th and I delivered at a birthing center in the upright position on my knees leaning forward on the back of the bed. The reason I said she put the fear of God in me is because my son was 7lbs 2oz. My daughter was 7lbs 12oz.. This new kid however, she was 8lbs 13.5oz!!!! I WORKED for her! The best part about this delivery was reaching down to feel her head come out during my breather right before the shoulders. I forgot to be excited about the sex because I got distracted by all the hair lol.

And this is what we named her after... 

Evelyn Iris Gage

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:33 AM

great story! great pictures and a beautiful flower!

PrimalMom
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:26 AM

Thanks! I am such a proud momma!

Quoting MixedCooke:

great story! great pictures and a beautiful flower!

sugarcrisp
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!

esox
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:31 AM
1 mom liked this
She is beautiful and sure does have a ton of hair!
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:51 AM
1 mom liked this
She is precious :)
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww, pretty baby!

Heather2001
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

She's gorgeous and great work!  I birthed my second and third the same way and it was so much easier.  =)

morgan483
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

My second son was 8 lbs 13 oz...he came out fine. I didn't tear (I had torn previously with my 1st, so I think the scar tissue was tough and helped me to stay intact.

Larsbug
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

congrats!!

PrimalMom
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:43 AM
I didn't tear either :) I have never torn, only had an episiotomy once with my first because I was too exhausted to push anymore. I couldn't believe how big she was! I'm a rather small woman so I was shocked I pushed something almost 9lbs out of there.. I may never get pregnant again lol

Quoting morgan483:

My second son was 8 lbs 13 oz...he came out fine. I didn't tear (I had torn previously with my 1st, so I think the scar tissue was tough and helped me to stay intact.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)