Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

c section mamas

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:46 AM
  • 10 Replies
How many c sections have you had? Will you continue to have kids after this one or the one before? What's the cut off for c sections?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HKing01
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:32 AM

I don't really know that there is a cut off. I have heard some doctors don't like to do more than 3 on a patient but my doctor doesn't seem concerned. I will be having my 4th c-section in March. This will be my last, I'm getting my tubes tied when they do the c-section this time.

KikiB85
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:44 AM
I'm having my 3rd. This will be my last...so long as I can help it lol I don't know the cut off. I think 3 is fairly average and know a few who have had 4. I've seen others post on here as many as 6.
Carolynishappy
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:46 AM

I have had 1 and this will be my second and last one, I'm getting my tubes tied when they do the c-section.

*^*Carolyn*^* 

LilliesValley
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:49 AM
I've had one and then a successful vbac. Each time there's greater risk for uterine rupture. It depends on the doctor too but scheduling subsequent csect is often more beneficial for the doctor verses the patient.
Ashley0523
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:57 AM

This will be my third and last.

Larsbug
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I have had 2, when/if I get pregnant again it will be my 3rd and last (we don't want anymore after 3) but it depends on the doctor and how many they will do... I know some woman on here have had 8

Rosehawk
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Two so far, this will be my third. Nope, this is also my last. I don't know.

CafeMom Tickers
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:07 PM
I've had one (with my 4th child) that will be my ONLY. This child will be born vbac.
piercedbeauty21
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I've had 2, with my most recent being in October. I'm pretty sure that we're done having kids, but if I were to have another baby, I'd mostly do another c-section. I didn't know there was a cut off for c-sections. My doctor did ask me if I wanted my tubes tied with my last c-section and I declined.

Hopen
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:20 PM

I obviously had a c-section with my multiples, they weren't going to let me push them all out! :)

Now 6 weeks pregnant with our 4th earthly baby (makes 6 with the 2 in Heaven). So I will have my 2nd c-section in Aug/Sept.

That will probably be it, unless an "oops" happens...lol. My Dr. doesn't like to do any more than 3 c-sections, but I don't know what others say! ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)