Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cloth diapers help

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:52 AM
  • 8 Replies
Dh wants to use them . I never used them with my older two . What is the best brand ?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
nicole2884
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Everyone uses something different. The one size pocket diapers don't fit until 12 pounds however they make newborn pockets
Alva is a economical choice for newborn
I like Charlie banana for one size pockets
I've bought most of mine used an just cleaned them with dawn
Look up on YouTube how to wash
We have 30 diapers so we don't have towash every day an having a large stash means less wear and tear on them
I use rockin green
nicole2884
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:59 AM
It seems overwhelming but its really not just extra laundry
Heather2001
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:59 AM

It really depends on your baby and their build.  Not all cloth fits alike nor works the same way.  If you want something close to disposables in the way they are put on, look for all-in-ones or pockets.  Bumgenius and Fuzzi Buns are some of the more popular brands, Alva and Sunbaby are relatively inexpensive so you could try those to start, but I'm not really sure on the quality of them as I've never personally used them.  Also, there are some great cloth diaper groups here on CM that you could join, like Cuties with Cloth Booties.

Firenygirl180
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:00 AM
I prefer prefolds and covers. I also like bum genius brand. I'm trying to get away from microfiber inserts though because I've had terrible luck with them
niki_hubbard
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Grovia ai2! They are awesome! I never thought I would cd. Thought it was gross. But with these, you change an insert, not the whole thing every time. It cuts back on the laundry. And is so easy!
toopicky429
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:20 AM
I loved BumGenius, but like the other posters said there are so many to choose from and every baby is different. All in ones take forever to dry so that's the downside of AIOs. I bought mine from www.cottonbabies.com, and on their site they have lots of helpful info. Good luck!
morgan483
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:46 AM

I liked FuzziBunz and am using the same set all over again with this one! I also have some cute tie-dye Butterbears.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Everyone finds what works best for them. Just like dispsioble you find what works best for your child.

Best advise I got and give. Read up on all the pros and cons. Cuties with cloth booties has a great one. Then get a couple in the ones you think you would like. Try them out and then get more in what you like.

For me we live Bumgenius 4.0 and flips. I started to like inserts more and then changed to diaper covers as she got older. I do have one AIO and love that one too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)