Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is fear normal?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:06 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am 20 years old and almost 9 weeks. One day I am very nervous and scared and don't know how I am going to do this. The next day I am super happy and excited. My boyfriend is very supportive but I have yet to tell my family. Did anybody else have constantly changing emotions about their pregnancy?? 

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Lol yes! This is my fifth pregnancy , hopefully second baby, and I bounce back and forth all day! The scariest time of my life was with my first and the doctor said I was at ten and it was time to push....there's really NO going back then.

HKing01
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:12 PM

I think it is normal. I am 28 years old, I've been married for almost 10 years and I'm pregnant with my fourth child and I have fear. I go back and fourth between the excitement of completing my family and holding another baby and "oh my goodness what did I get myself into" and is there enough of me to go around. I know that no matter what I'll love this baby as much as my other children. I felt the same way when I was pregnant with all of them.

Devious103102
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:10 PM

It's normal, hormones make you crazy, lol. 

PJs35
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:13 PM
Completely normal. I'm 38 and 29 weeks. I have moments of panic about giving birth and I have done this before lol.
mummykarly
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Aww hun you sound like a very normal Mum. I'm currently expecting my second baby and I'm just as scared this time round as I was the first. Speaking to my doctor helped though and my friends who were a similar age to me :)
bamamommy2009
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Yes it is very normal:) I was 20 with my first one and it was a constant roller coaster. With my second not so much, but with this one I am crying over EVERYTHING!{seriously I cried over freaking ICE AGE!...yes the cartoon!} *cough Cough* any way hun let it out, you can be up and down in a matter of minutes its your body. Don't be affraid things will work out. I believe we are never faced with things that are meant to be failures,which means even when things get hard we can push through it and be stronger for it.. I wish you the best and if you ever wanna chat PM me any time wink

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Totally normal! Heck, I'm almost 28 years old, pregnant with my first that we tried to conceive for over two years, and I still have moments of slight panic! Hormones are weird! 

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Yep, every single time. Along with changing emotions about the weather, what's for dinner, the movie on TV. I'd say it's normal, or god, I hope it is. lol

Elayna90
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:40 PM
It's normal. This is my fourth and everytime I go between really happy and really scared and nervous.
Elayna90
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:42 PM
This made me lol. I was 16 with my first and when my dr told me to push, suddenly I got really scared and told her "no, he could just stay inside"

Quoting sjenkins8208:

Lol yes! This is my fifth pregnancy , hopefully second baby, and I bounce back and forth all day! The scariest time of my life was with my first and the doctor said I was at ten and it was time to push....there's really NO going back then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)