Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do I make a call to my dr?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:06 PM
  • 12 Replies
I'm 12 weeks, and have thrown up 3 times in the last hour. I also have a terrible headache. The first time I threw up it was my banana and carrots. The second and third time was like all stomach acid. I have absolutely nothing left to throw up but can't stop. My zofran didn't work for this. When do I call the dr?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd call. They gave me phenergan to use on days when I could keep NOTHING down.

jesi817
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Okay so I just called and she said that I should keep taking the zofran and if I go 48 hours like this- I should go get fluids. That seems like a long time to be throwing up nothing but stomach acids.
Hopen
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd call now. Within a day or two of finding out I was pregnant with multiples my first pregnancy (7 1/2 weeks) I was suddenly VERY sick! Within another day or 2, I was in the hospital on an iv for dehydration!

They will want to make sure you do not get dehydrated!

princess_peach
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow they said 48 hours?! My midwives tell me to go in if I haven't been able to keep anything down for 24. Zofran and phenergen don't work at all for me. Vitamin B6 helps me the most, but even that doesn't keep it completely away. Also, magnesium heps. I've heard that it works best in oil form that you rub on your skin, but I haven't tried that.

I hope you feel better soon!

jesi817
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:30 PM
I've now thrown up 4 times...

11:15 - throw up 1 banana/carrots
11:30 - throw up 2
11:56 - throw up 3
12:24 - throw up 4

I'm keeping track. I may have to call back or just head to the er myself once my so gets home. I mean, it's only been an hour, so I'm not freaking out... But I can imagin I would get dehydrated really fast this way.
akunkle19
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

They will ant to make sure you're hydrated. When I was pregnant certain foods made me sick. And not like if I smell it I'll puke. I couldn't drink much milk. I was so mad because I craved it really badly. Lol. 

akunkle19
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Also I would go if its that much. It's not safe for your dr to say no if you are.

Quoting jesi817: I've now thrown up 4 times...

11:15 - throw up 1 banana/carrots
11:30 - throw up 2
11:56 - throw up 3
12:24 - throw up 4

I'm keeping track. I may have to call back or just head to the er myself once my so gets home. I mean, it's only been an hour, so I'm not freaking out... But I can imagin I would get dehydrated really fast this way.

Devious103102
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Call back and see if you can speak to someone else. It's ridiculous that they expect you to go long enough to get dehydrated/come in for fluids but I bet if you do they'll be upset you didn't call/come in sooner. 

jesi817
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:39 PM
I actually don't think this is morning sickness/ pregnancy sickness. Just Bc squally when I get preg sickness, for one, my Zofran always works. And two, once I throw up the food, I don't keep throwing up. This is out of the ordinary for me.
jesi817
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:41 PM
I'm just a little irritated they said 48 hours. To
Me- 24 hours sounds right. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't over thinking the judgement of my dr.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)