Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vbac mommas...

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:16 PM
  • 28 Replies
If you have a successful vbac, on your next pregnancy, is it still considered a risk to have the baby vaginally?

I just had a c section. I'd like to know if there is a certain time period I should wait for ttc to make my chances of a vbac greater?

If I have to have a c section to have another baby, and I know this for a fact, I won't have another. :(
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hopen
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I have only ever had a c-section, and this next one will be too, so I can't answer your question directly. I just wanted to tell you around the area I live in there are very few Dr.s who will do VBAC's. A friend of mine had to leave her Dr. to get one that would do it, because she was determined. So I wish you the best of luck... oh yeah, hers were very close in age...if that helps..Like within a year, I believe! ;)

katallison
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Thank you. Any little info helps. I live in Dallas so hopefully I'll have better luck finding a doctor who will do a vbac.

Quoting Hopen:

I have only ever had a c-section, and this next one will be too, so I can't answer your question directly. I just wanted to tell you around the area I live in there are very few Dr.s who will do VBAC's. A friend of mine had to leave her Dr. to get one that would do it, because she was determined. So I wish you the best of luck... oh yeah, hers were very close in age...if that helps..Like within a year, I believe! ;)

Hopen
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:36 PM

OH YES! I'm sure you will...lol....our town is nowhere near the size of DALLAS!  ;)

With my multiple pregnancy, my home Dr. wouldn't even perform the ultrasounds or provide most of my care in his office...I had to drive an hour and a half to 2 hours to be checked and looked at.. Also delivered there and was on bed rest there...lol

Quoting katallison: Thank you. Any little info helps. I live in Dallas so hopefully I'll have better luck finding a doctor who will do a vbac.

Quoting Hopen:

katallison
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Lol the ONLY good thing about living in the city. We used to live in the country and I miss it so much. But there is so much opportunity in the city and not so much in the country. Once the opportunities really open some doors hopefully we can move back to the country. Lol and then I will be driving hours to a doctor so I can have my vbac. Lol

If you don't mind me asking, was your first c-section scheduled or did you end up having to have one?

Quoting Hopen:

OH YES! I'm sure you will...lol....our town is nowhere near the size of DALLAS!  ;)

With my multiple pregnancy, my home Dr. wouldn't even perform the ultrasounds or provide most of my care in his office...I had to drive an hour and a half to 2 hours to be checked and looked at.. Also delivered there and was on bed rest there...lol

Quoting katallison: Thank you. Any little info helps. I live in Dallas so hopefully I'll have better luck finding a doctor who will do a vbac.

Quoting Hopen:

Hopen
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:45 PM

I don't mind you asking! I actually was pregnant with quads. I lost one a few hours before I delivered the other three. It was devastating, but I am thankful for the three I've got. Anyhow, there was never a chance of me delivering natural with that many...the Dr.s knew I would be pre-term and were happy for each week I got. We made it to 29 weeks. After baby D had passed, they realized I was contracting and in labor. So they decided on delivery. Which was a good thing as one of the other babies was in stress.

What caused you to have one?

Quoting katallison: Lol the ONLY good thing about living in the city. We used to live in the country and I miss it so much. But there is so much opportunity in the city and not so much in the country. Once the opportunities really open some doors hopefully we can move back to the country. Lol and then I will be driving hours to a doctor so I can have my vbac. Lol

If you don't mind me asking, was your first c-section scheduled or did you end up having to have one?

Quoting Hopen:

Quoting Hopen:

amc103
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:57 PM

HI! Ive had two c sections. They were almost 4 years apart. Two things....the longer you wait, the better your chances are to A. have a successful VBAC and B. Find a doctor who will allow a TOLAC. I would love to talk to you via PM if you want. I had my first in the US and my second in Poland and I was going for a vbac with the second but made the choice not to, although my doctor allowed me to try what I wanted. I would like to ask you about your c section and tell you about mine, so you can have hope. :-) HUGS!

KelliansMom
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:02 PM

http://ican-online.org/vbac/home

My friend used this website to find info support and a midwife who was willing to take her. She had a successful vbac birth at home :) 

TheLadyAmalthea
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:12 PM

I had a csec with my son and had a vac with my daughter. I got pregnant when my son was 16 months old, and it wasn't a problem.

katallison
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:46 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how hard it was to lose one of your babies. I know you had your other 3, but I doubt it made the loss any easier.

And then wow! Quads! Were you on fertility treatments to do that? I want twins, maybe...haha but I can't imagine carrying more than two! You must have been HUGE! lol and I mean that the nicest way possible!

I had to be induced at 37 weeks for low amniotic fluid. I wasn't effaced? Or dilated at all so I had to start from the very beginning and after 31 hours had only dilated to a 5, so they decided it was time for a c-section. It was and still is really hard on me. I wanted my perfect birth and had planned and researched for it, and when it didn't happen I was crushed. It was really hard to deal with before, during and right after the surgery.

At this point, I am honestly unsure if I even want another because of how traumatic it all was, but my husband definitely wants more. I always wanted 3 or 4, but now I am unsure. If I knew for a fact I would have to have a c-section, I wouldn't have anymore.

Quoting Hopen:

I don't mind you asking! I actually was pregnant with quads. I lost one a few hours before I delivered the other three. It was devastating, but I am thankful for the three I've got. Anyhow, there was never a chance of me delivering natural with that many...the Dr.s knew I would be pre-term and were happy for each week I got. We made it to 29 weeks. After baby D had passed, they realized I was contracting and in labor. So they decided on delivery. Which was a good thing as one of the other babies was in stress.

What caused you to have one?

Quoting katallison: Lol the ONLY good thing about living in the city. We used to live in the country and I miss it so much. But there is so much opportunity in the city and not so much in the country. Once the opportunities really open some doors hopefully we can move back to the country. Lol and then I will be driving hours to a doctor so I can have my vbac. Lol

Quoting Hopen:

Quoting Hopen:

Gingerbell.RN
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:50 PM
I have had two successful vbacs. My first was 18 months after my section. It went well! I went to 41 weeks and went in to labor at home.

My second vbac was 17 months after that and I ended up being induced because baby kept flipping to breech. It was my easiest and fastest labor.

My doctor was still nervous with the second vbac but more optimistic since I had done it successfully before.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)