Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleep suggestions needed

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:51 PM
  • 13 Replies
Ok when I was pregnant with my DD about 2 years ago I had hip pain when I sleep so I used a body pillow and it worked like a charm. I am currently 16 weeks and have not been sleeping well because of my hips, no matter which side I sleep on and I have been using the body pillow with no relief if I sleep on my back no pain but I know sleeping on your back is not good. Anybody have an suggestions? I am a stay at home mom to a 23 month old so I need my sleep at night. I go to my OB tomorrow so I might ask her for ideas.
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:53 PM
I had a pillow between my knees if i layed on my side, one under my knees if i layed on my back, a body pillow to snuggle for side laying, and one behind my lower back to help take the pressure off as well, i had a mountain of pillows to keep comfortable no matter how i landed lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lost2013
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I will try my knees between pillows
Quoting lillucky8: I had a pillow between my knees if i layed on my side, one under my knees if i layed on my back, a body pillow to snuggle for side laying, and one behind my lower back to help take the pressure off as well, i had a mountain of pillows to keep comfortable no matter how i landed lol
lillucky8
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Good luck! I hope you get some relief!

Quoting lost2013: I will try my knees between pillows
Quoting lillucky8: I had a pillow between my knees if i layed on my side, one under my knees if i layed on my back, a body pillow to snuggle for side laying, and one behind my lower back to help take the pressure off as well, i had a mountain of pillows to keep comfortable no matter how i landed lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elayna90
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:38 PM
I always had to sleep with a pillow between my knees.
Blessed2585
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:18 PM

I am sorry you are having problems sleeping, I know that is hard because I am in the same postion. I am not pregnant but I get in a lot of pain. Have you tried one of those pregnancy body pillows? They have a few different styles available and are made to help with that.

lost2013
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:23 PM
I do have one of those from my last pregnancy and I am using it now and it is just not helping :(

Quoting Blessed2585:

I am sorry you are having problems sleeping, I know that is hard because I am in the same postion. I am not pregnant but I get in a lot of pain. Have you tried one of those pregnancy body pillows? They have a few different styles available and are made to help with that.

sugarcrisp
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:49 PM

I had that issue the entirety  of this last pregnancy. Good luck.

iamnameless
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:33 PM
I sleep on my tummy well I did. Now its part tummy part side. I sleep with the pillow under half of me. Idk if I can really describe it. I can't breath sleeping on my back and actually sleeping all the way on one side hurts.
Devious103102
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:52 PM

I'd just sleep on the back of it gives you relief. As long as you're not that way ALL night (ocassionally move/turn) you're fine.

lost2013
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:27 PM
I do occasionally sleep on my back but then I move cause I know it is it safe to sleep on my back as I get bigger. This pregnancy is totally 360 degrees from when I was pregnant with my DD. When I was pregnant with her I loved it enjoyed every minute. Now I am only 16 weeks and can't wait for June to get here.
Quoting Devious103102:

I'd just sleep on the back of it gives you relief. As long as you're not that way ALL night (ocassionally move/turn) you're fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)