Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not the fit pregnancy I was imagining.

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:01 PM
  • 11 Replies
I had big plans to be the power gym pregnant lady this time around. I gained too much weight with my last 2. I just wanted to be better off weight wise, this time.
Well at 7 wks I had spotting and took it easy. Just as I was cleared up from that, I got strep and was down again.
Then, last night I had more bleeding. Ugh. I had a scan today and the baby is good! Heartbeat, everything looks great. I am sooooooo thankful for that.
But I will be taking it easy again.
It is just so ironic. With my.2 previous pregnancies (when I didn't care to workout!), bleeding and spotting never happened. And now that I want to work out, it seems I keep getting held back.
Life can be funny sometimes. But as long as baby is ok, I will do what I can:) all i want is a healthy baby.
Anyone else going through this?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hopeful_Gam
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad all is well with baby. If you don't see you being able to work out you can still walk and eat healthy!
jesi817
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Oh my goodness! I was a HUGE gym buff before I got preg. And I literally was hit with sickness at 6 weeks and couldn't do anything but lay in bed and puke. I miss the gym SO MUCH! I'm rounding my 12th week so I'm hoping to get back in immediately.
iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here! It's been a rough first tri. I am hoping to return in the 2nd tri, as well:)

Quoting jesi817: Oh my goodness! I was a HUGE gym buff before I got preg. And I literally was hit with sickness at 6 weeks and couldn't do anything but lay in bed and puke. I miss the gym SO MUCH! I'm rounding my 12th week so I'm hoping to get back in immediately.
bamamommy2009
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:24 PM

BUMP!

KelliansMom
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:27 PM
It's been the opposite for me. I kept up with my running till I hit 20 weeks. Then it got painful :(. I miss running so much and I was sad I had to stop. I'm still walking but it's just not the same.
FitnessMama4
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:32 PM
I totally understand! I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks and at 5 weeks I had finals and I was exhausted so I only did light workouts. Around 6 weeks my extreme nausea and exhaustion set in and now I'm 10 weeks and I haven't worked out this whole time. :( I was the same way with my last two pregnancies and I was SURE this time would be different!
KaityMarie
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:48 PM

I feel your pain...i want to exercise so bad! I have an incompetent cervix and am supposed to take it easy but am worried im going to lose all my strength as well as not stay fit. Just had some brown spotting which i dont know whether to be worried about. Hope all goes well with your pregnancy! 

Crazzzytega
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup same here! It sucks cause once the spotting finally stopped and I tried to get back at it I started getting contractions so  I tried just doing pregnancy workouts & still not able to every time I try I start getting BH. It really sucks! Can't wait till I can get back to working out 

iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 6:44 AM
Wow 20 weeks ain't bad, but I understand wanting to do more!

Quoting KelliansMom: It's been the opposite for me. I kept up with my running till I hit 20 weeks. Then it got painful :(. I miss running so much and I was sad I had to stop. I'm still walking but it's just not the same.
KikiB85
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Eh I'm enjoying my food lol I've gained about the 25-30lbs they say and I full on plan to hit the gym once I'm cleared from surgery. Plus breastfeeding helps.

Nothing ever goes the way we want lol. It's life. Take it easy and keep u n baby healthy!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)