Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Might be pregnant?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM
  • 4 Replies

We had sex on the 17th of December.  My period was due on the 20th.  I haven't had it and am usually pretty regular.  I took a test this past Saturday and it was negative.  Now tonight when I went to use the bathroom there was mucus type discharge when I wiped.  I'm wondering if this is the start of a miscarriage or if its something normal.  Or maybe I'm not pregnant at all!  I didn't have this with my first pregnancy.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:31 PM

assuming your cycle is regular then no, you cannot get pg 3 days before your period is set to start.  however, IF you ovulated later than what you would normally expect and got pg from sex on the 17th of December, your test would be long positive by now.  sounds like one of those cycles that got funky.  if you don't have a period in january, i would contact your doc and see what's up.  if you are trying to get pg then, until you get your period or confirm that you actually are NOT pg, treat your body as if you are.  GL!

iamnameless
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:47 PM
I am guessing your not pregnant. Lots of things can throw your period off for a month. Like stress, being sick, being overly tired, just messed up hormones.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:53 PM

I agree with both of the previous replies. Wait a week and take another test. If its still negative see your Dr. Good Luck

Beth3721
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Thanks for the input everyone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)