Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Castor oil have any of you

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:57 PM
  • 5 Replies
ladies ever attempted this? I heard it could be harmful to baby if it causes stress and baby poop in utero!! Anyone have info on this subject? I know women have been taking this for years, and also believe that if your body isn't ready for labor then nothing will work, but hey thats just imo.
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:54 AM
I would never try it. Even when I was almost 43 weeks. It's just not worth the risk of stressing baby.
mommytosixboys
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I did with two of my sons the first one I believe worked cuz I was over due and I did it like 3 times with second but it didn't work only the last time cuz I have drank a bottle of it did nipple stimulation and my water broke 30mins later I had him on his due date but he had swallowed alittle meconium but he was fine and healthy I wouldn't recommend. It if baby isn't ready and plus ita nasty and might make u throw up...ewwww also as far as stressing baby I never heard of that cuz even some doctors will recommend it to try and start labor I just wouldn't from my own personal experience but good luck and keep me updated if u do try it
Johlsh
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 1:17 AM
I wouldnt try it just because of the possible risks to baby. I lost a baby and it was heartbreaking, would rather wait a few extra weeks to ensure their health then gamble.. Not worth it imo.
EarthSidemother
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this
As a childbirth educator and birth doula I could never recommend this. Yes it is dangerous. Nor will ANY inducers work if your body is not ready to go into labor unless medically interventionally pushed. Trying to induce your own labor is dangrous and should never put your baby at risk. .

Quoting QueenWisdom: ladies ever attempted this? I heard it could be harmful to baby if it causes stress and baby poop in utero!! Anyone have info on this subject? I know women have been taking this for years, and also believe that if your body isn't ready for labor then nothing will work, but hey thats just imo.
Mrswalker2012
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this
As much as I'd like to get baby out I wouldn't try any of that stuff
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)