Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How did you tell your family and friends you were pregnant?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:44 AM
  • 17 Replies
I want to find a cute way to tell my family and friends I am pregnant. Any ideas?
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
navybeauty88
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:50 AM

Mobile Photo

I decorated the ultrasound pic and texted it to all my fam and friends. We live on opposite coasts so we couldn't do it in person. Everyone thought it was super cute though.
froyogal
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:59 AM

We just found out after new years. So we told my parents one of their gifts got pushed under the catch. They had no idea.I had one box with two gifts in tissue paper - one for my mom and one for my dad. Each had  best grandma/grandpa onsies. It was wonderful. We told my friend last night too and I had her little boy come over to me and said I have a secret go tell mommy....it was so cute!

Rh1annaa
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this
close friends and family I told face to face. And extended family and friends I told over Facebook. Nothing special lol.

Pinterest has really cute ideas for pregnancy announcements and gender reveals.
sburger315
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Lol I just called them and said "hey we are having a baby!" Not very creative or special. 

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:02 AM
We just called our parents. The rest of our family and a few friends received an email with a photo of my youngest wearing a "big sister" shirt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iloveemykidz
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 12:38 PM
I just waited on everybody to ask lol. But my 2 sister's & sister in law found out through text from me
ACsLady
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 12:44 PM

I came up with this idea for our third. I drew pictures of our two daughters and one to represent the new baby. I gave copies to my parents and grandma to announce to them and also shared the photos on FB later.

This is our most recent announcement. I'm 6 weeks with baby #5. We have four girls so far. I really wanted to do something special. Our last name means Candle Maker, so I came up with this idea.

Lil_Wolf
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Called & told my mom & sisters over the pohne, fil was told in person. Everyone else was told via facebook with the status that I am "working on a little project with 10 tiny fingers & 10 tiny toes due in May."

lesalmi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:55 PM
I was boring.
My 2 best friends were there when I took the test so they knew before my bf even did. I just walked out into the kitchen and handed him it. I called my mom. Texted a pic to a few close friends.

Everyone else I posted an ultrasound to facebook
lesalmi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:56 PM
That is SUPER CUTE!

Quoting ACsLady:

I came up with this idea for our third. I drew pictures of our two daughters and one to represent the new baby. I gave copies to my parents and grandma to announce to them and also shared the photos on FB later.

This is our most recent announcement. I'm 6 weeks with baby #5. We have four girls so far. I really wanted to do something special. Our last name means Candle Maker, so I came up with this idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)