Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

HE'S HERE...FINALLY!! Pics in replies!!

Posted by   + Show Post
After having real labor contractions from Monday to Wednesday we were finally admitted into the hospital. I was so happy I'd finally progressed enough! This was the craziest labor ever, lol. I was admitted into L&D Thursday morning about 1 am and was 5 cm & 90% effaced. By 10 am I was 9 cm and almost ready to push. And then it happened. An hour later I was checked and I had gone from a 9 down to a 7!! Baby's head was engaged and in the canal but due to a tilted pelvis (which I didn't know I had til then) his head had gotten stuck and my cervix started swelling around his head. Since I was wanting a natural birth we spent the next 7 hours trying what we could to get things back on course. Nothing worked and I was then on my way to have a cesarean section. At 5:46 pm we finally met our son, Noah Lee Michael. He was 7.6 lbs and 20 1/2 inches long. I was able to do skin to skin immediately after birth for two hours before he was bathed and had his shots. There is no nursery here at the birthing center so he gets to be w us 99% of the time. We should be released today depending on the results of his blood work so wish us luck!! I'm so happy our baby boy is here and our family is finally complete!! :D (I was 38 weeks 1day when I gave birth. I was already in early labor Monday, had my membranes stripped Wednesday am and was in full blown labor by 8 that night)
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:37 AM
Replies (31-39):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Congrats!

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Congrats
babie113
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:18 PM
awww congratulations
Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Congrats, momma!

Pagan_Mommy84
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:02 PM
He's beautiful! And I love the baby camp :-)
samsanders
by Samantha on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:16 AM
Ahhhhh!!! Congrats and he is just absolutely beautiful. How great that you got that skin to skin immediately :-) and my hospital is the same with the nursery. So he gets to be with us 99.9% of the time also.
babyfish0511
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:10 AM
Thank you!! :)

Quoting meam4444:

Congrats!!! Beautiful mama and baby!

Quoting babyfish0511:

New Message

babyfish0511
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Thank you! It was a shower gift so I'm not sure. I'm thinking Bass Pro though.

Quoting Mommylove14335:

Quoting babyfish0511:

New Message

Congrats on your baby boy! I love his outfit where did you get it?

babyfish0511
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Thank you :)

Quoting robimom:

Awe, he's so sweet! Congrats! Love the breastfeeding photo too! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)