Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Being Induced! Pretty scared!

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:38 AM
  • 24 Replies

Little pregnancy update, 1/16/14 I am being induced because my little girl just doesnt want out. Haha! Honestly, I'm alittle scared..I am still dialated at 1cm, and my OB is going to try the gel Prostaglandin to ripen my cervix. Have any of you expeieenced the gel? I had my membranes swept and that didnt do anything but make me uncomfortable:/ This is my first baby! 

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilliesValley
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:40 AM
How far along are you
Mother-Ship
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:54 AM

41weeks and 3 days.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this

With my last pregnancy, I had to be induced.  I had cervadil.  It was mainly to help ripen the cervix, but it placed me into labor.  Overall, it was a good exerience. 

I hope your induction goes well!  Try not to worry and just focus on meeting your soon to come baby!  Good luck!

Hopeful_Gam
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
It's not as bad as it seems. I had cervical and pitocin but I was 38 weeks and needed it for pre-e being you're 41 I think just something to ripen you will help you go into labor! Good luck!
krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
My sil had the gel and the plan was to give it to her then startnpitocin once ahe ripened. Well 6hrs after the gel she went intonlabor on her own no pit needed. You could try some primrose oil pills they do the samw thing, or lots of semen lol.
jamamama00
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:17 AM
Ive been induced three times and never had an issue! Just make sure you go ahead and get the medication when you start to hurt. Pitocin can make baby come fasssst.
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:23 AM

gl

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Good luck, mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:31 PM

What is scaring you?
Why do you want to induce?

If you are at a normal place (gestation and cervix-wise) then there is no need to force things out of the norm if you don't want.    

Mother-Ship
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:29 AM

I'm scared because this is my first baby, its a pretty scary thing. 
As for being induced, my OB wants to induce me. He says he highly recommends it.

I'm not forcing anything out, she just needs to come out. I'm a low-risk but he still says I should be induced. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)