Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What's the best thing you have found to prevent and reduce stretch marks?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:29 PM
  • 23 Replies

I am 6 1/2 weeks and really not showing or having any yet.  I was wondering what you have used that worked the best to help with stretch marks.  I have heard it is genetic and my Mom and Sister both got them so i know I will.

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by Laura on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:34 PM

there is really nothing you can do to prevent them...

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
There isn't anything you can do to avoid genetics, unfortunately. However, as your tummy grows, you'll have an itchy tummy so using something like cocoa butter regularly is never a bad idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Nothing. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KikiB85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't get any with my first until i hit 8-9 months n i blew up! I agree... alot with genetics..... i heard preparation h can actually help reduce appearance after. Reduce not get rid of. My gf was a go go dancer n found that out n did it. Just helped to shrink them n lighten color. I personally never tried it tho lol.
tuckermum
by Crysta on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I used coconut oil and although you cant prevent them I feel that it help a lot. The stretch marks I did have looked better after I used it.
chocolateshake
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Great idea glad to know that it helped.  I don't have any yet but I thought that if I started using something other than just lotion it might help. 

Quoting tuckermum: I used coconut oil and although you cant prevent them I feel that it help a lot. The stretch marks I did have looked better after I used it.

katie314
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been using coconut oil since the beginning of my pregnancy.. im 8months now and have literally like a spot of the beginning of a possible stretch mark on my hips. So I think coconut oil helps! And you can put it in your hair, makes it super soft. Drinking a lot of water will help with stretch mark prevention too.
Seximama23
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I got them with my first and none this time. I just used a good lotion like gold bond to keep the itch down
Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Nothing helps.  You either get them or don't, unfortunately.

tuckermum
by Crysta on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I didnt get any on my stomache only my boobs and butt lol. I use it on my ds for lotion there are so many uses for coconut oil.

Quoting chocolateshake:

Great idea glad to know that it helped.  I don't have any yet but I thought that if I started using something other than just lotion it might help. 

Quoting tuckermum: I used coconut oil and although you cant prevent them I feel that it help a lot. The stretch marks I did have looked better after I used it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)