Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

TMI!! Constipation and the opposite....

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:15 PM
  • 7 Replies
So I'm one that is constipated through my entire pregnancy. Lucky me right. Anywho, I'm 32 weeks 3 days and all of a sudden had diarrhea. (sorry about the tmi) I know usually soft stool is a symptom of labor coming soon. I guess my question would be how much of a sign is that and how soon would that mean? I'm a little worried. This is my 4th baby and with my first three soft stools came after delivery...never before. Thanks for your input on this "stinky" matter. :)
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:45 PM

At that early, you probably just have a stomach bug.  I'm always constipated during pregnancy also, but I'd get the looser stools before labor.  But it normally wasn't diarrhea.

Honey_Comb
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:53 PM
I had the stomach flu three weeks ago and while my family hit the stinky part I was still constipated. Lol. Maybe I'm just late to the party. Just figured I'd ask and see if I should be watching my body closely or not.

Quoting Heather2001:

At that early, you probably just have a stomach bug.  I'm always constipated during pregnancy also, but I'd get the looser stools before labor.  But it normally wasn't diarrhea.

Honey_Comb
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:25 AM
I guess only a select group of people can answer the dirty questions. Haha
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:59 AM
I never had that problem
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:39 PM
I'm sorry. I hope you feel better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samsanders
by Samantha on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:30 AM
I went back and forth between constipation and diarrhea until about a week ago and now am having fairly normal bowel movements at 35 weeks. I wouldn't think much of it right now unless it continues for more than a few days, because diarrhea can cause severe dehydration.
Honey_Comb
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:29 AM
Thanks ladies! Its seemed to go away. Minor freak out I guess. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)