Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Ummm when's it a good time to start getting a few things here and there for your baby ??

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM
  • 68 Replies
After you find out the sex ? What should I get first ???! Bottles ... Clothes ???!!
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:24 PM

We had our nursery done with the big stuff but otherwise waited until after our showers.

SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:24 PM

I'm 5 weeks and we're just looking at nursery furniture with the plans to buy in a few weeks, everything else we're putting on the baby shower registry. What ever we don't get from the shower we'll buy right after wards. 

huntermom85
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I just found out and I am going to start each month get something been looking at cribs cuz I can get one without knowing the sex and then next month something else and then the more gender specific stuff when we find out what we're having. Also each time I go grocery shopping I am going to pick up a package if diapers I did this with my son and it was so nice to have everything I needed for the baby for a while after he was born
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:26 PM
When you feel comfortable we just pretty much bought every thing at once.
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually wait until I find out the gender.   I buy what is on sale or clearance first.

Kaylakaye
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Good idea ! I was thinking about stacking up at SAMs club for diapers they last such as while !!!;)

Quoting huntermom85: I just found out and I am going to start each month get something been looking at cribs cuz I can get one without knowing the sex and then next month something else and then the more gender specific stuff when we find out what we're having. Also each time I go grocery shopping I am going to pick up a package if diapers I did this with my son and it was so nice to have everything I needed for the baby for a while after he was born
nolongermstkn
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:48 PM
I wont buy until close to my EDD, but ihave been putting money back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaylakaye
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks and well I'm hoping to move into my new apartment by end of the month then goahead unpack everything ! She has a baby crib already ... But I just think I may need to be settled first !

Quoting cheetah90210: When you feel comfortable we just pretty much bought every thing at once.
Kaylakaye
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:50 PM
I know what it having and thanks clearance is good!

Quoting meam4444:

I usually wait until I find out the gender.   I buy what is on sale or clearance first.

violetlady
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I will start after the first app (wich will be at 9wk) , every month Im going to buy something. By the 7 month ill make sure to have everything ready in case.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)