Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is this Ok?!

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:40 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm stressing because my husband and I had sex last night (something we hardly ever do anymore because i'm so uncomfortable during this pregnancy) but we did it missionary bcus that's really the only way we can right now because my pelvis/back hurts so bad and my belly is so big. We did it missionary on a hard carpeted floor and I laid flat like that for probaby a good 30 minutes. To make it worse my husband had like my legs over his shoulders but he had my legs/knees pressed up pretty hard against my belly/chest to the point where i almost couldn't breathe or felt short of breath and my lower back hurt really bad! It makes it easier for him to have sex this way and we use to do it this way all of the time without a problem but it was so uncomfortable for me last night. So then after laying there for a good 30 minutes I finally sat up and it took me 5 minutes to finally get up and stand up and walk because I felt pretty dizzy. So my question is......do you think this harmed my baby??? I have felt the baby move here and there today but nothing like i usually do and even when I do feel his movements they are really light. He usually kicks and moves alot throughout the day so now I'm concerned   =(  Could I have harmed him in some way? 

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyofboys796
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Oh btw I'm 28 weeks pregnant.

joywalz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:19 PM
It should be fine...baby sounds like it is just resting :)
Hopen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:35 PM

I would think you are probably ok, the woman's body is pretty amazing AND can protect the baby against a lot!

Not to get too personal, but when I was pregnant with the quads and we decided to try, I always laid on my side and hubby cuddled up behind me. I never had any problems OR discomfort that way.

If you are truly concerned, or if he doesn't go back to his usual shenanigans, maybe call the Dr.

samsanders
by Samantha on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:32 AM
I bet everything is fine. Our bodies are made to protect them against a lot, or else we wouldn't be the ones who carried them. If you're really worried call your doctor/midwife.
Pagan_Mommy84
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Noooo....you didn't harm your baby.  The beautiful thing is that you baby is WELL PROTECTED when he/she is in your belly.  Women have falled on their stomachs and there baby was fine.  Of course, it can go the other direction...but by what you did with your hubby, no your baby is just fine.  And to be honest, when yoru worried...you pay more attention than you normally do to the baby's movements and stuff.  It's our job as mothers to worry even before the baby is here :)  Don't stress, it's fine.  But you obviously aren't doing too well with it, so the next time you have sex I would do the legs over the shoulders thing.  I would take it easy during sex, and give yourself some time.  Don't attempt it again until you feel up to it.  But if your ever in doubt, give your OB/Midwife a call :)  They are used to those concerns/questions, so never feel like your wasting their time by asking.

Pagan_Mommy84
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep....that's a PERFECT position while pregnant, or even when your not!!  Since it hurt you and made you uncomfortable the way you and hubby did your thing, I would stick to something like Hopen said instead of putting pressure on yoru belly

Quoting Hopen:

I would think you are probably ok, the woman's body is pretty amazing AND can protect the baby against a lot!

Not to get too personal, but when I was pregnant with the quads and we decided to try, I always laid on my side and hubby cuddled up behind me. I never had any problems OR discomfort that way.

If you are truly concerned, or if he doesn't go back to his usual shenanigans, maybe call the Dr.

Pregnancy Ticker
Pitap
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think you did any harm, but it does sound like you were putting pressure on your vena cava which is why you were dizzy... my suggestion is to try it side lying next time that way the blood can flow freely :)
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:07 AM

im sure baby is fine

LaDulceVida
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol your baby is fine. If just THAT could harm a baby then my baby would be severly screwed up because my boyfriend is quite rough.

Hopen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Yup! It's an all time fave of mine...not just while pregnant! Hahaha....

Quoting Pagan_Mommy84:

Yep....that's a PERFECT position while pregnant, or even when your not!!  Since it hurt you and made you uncomfortable the way you and hubby did your thing, I would stick to something like Hopen said instead of putting pressure on yoru belly

Quoting Hopen:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN