Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

OMG! This day has been terrible. *vent*

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:34 PM
  • 6 Replies

First... I woke up late this morning and my boys were late for school.

Then I realize the front passenger side tire on my van is totally flat. Just awesome.

Then I am rushing around trying to get to my doctor's appointment at 11am. I was scheduled for an ultrasound and doctor appointment. I had my mom and DH go with me for the ultrasound because, so far, all they've seen is pics and I wante them to see the babies live on the screen! We were all excited about it.

So we get there and the receptionist tells me the doctor wants to see me BEFORE the ultrasound which makes no sense. They always see me after so we can discuss the results. And I had to get a baby sitter to watch the kids while we went and I told her the ultrasound was first and I'd send DH home right after the ultrasound so she could leave because she had things to do today.

So I had to call her and see if she could stay a little longer. She was fine with it.

So we sat and waited for over an hour. They finally call me back to see the doctor and he tells me they've decided to reschedule my ultrasound because I just had one a week ago. Yeah... I fell on the ice last week and they had me come in for a scan because I have a subchorionic hematoma and they wanted to make sure the fall hadn't aggravated it more. But that was it. It wasn't a full exam type of ultrasound. And they told me to go ahead and keep my appointment for this week.

So now I have to wait 2 more weeks for my ultrasound... I got a baby sitter for nothing ... I brought my mom and DH for nothing. Why the hell couldn't they have TOLD me they weren't going to do it?!

Ahhhhh! Vent over.

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
VintageWife
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:36 PM
I don't know a dr that wouldn't go ahead and do it since people were with you. Yours is odd!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:44 PM

I even told him, "My mom and husband are in the waiting room. They came just for the ultrasound." And he just says "Well, I'm sorry. Tell them it was my fault." Yeah ... that really helps. Wtf.

Quoting VintageWife: I don't know a dr that wouldn't go ahead and do it since people were with you. Yours is odd!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Grr, I hate how inconsiderate doctors can be about things like that. I sometimes wonder if they know they have a receptionist AND a phone that works both ways. I hope your day gets way better!

Devious103102
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:55 PM

UGH! What a pain in the butt!

Hopen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:04 PM

I find that very inconsiderate of them! Do they not realize to some people it's not just about rolling out of bed and going to the office? It actually takes more than that!!! I would have been frustrated/annoyed also!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Wow--how frustrating.  I am so sorry this happened.  :-(  I hope your day gets better!!  (hugs)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN