Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

**UPDATE under original post** Might be TMI, swelling down below, help! :(

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:39 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ladies, I'm about 35 wks and a couple days along. I'm desperate and I hope some of you all know what I'm talking about. Yesterday I noticed my labia majora had a swelling. I've noticed that sometimes I do swell up down there, like when I lift a leg in the shower to shave, or if a squat down to help my other kids tie their shoes. But it goes away usually within a few minutes. Well I noticed in the early morning when I went to pee that I had a swelling on my right labia. It feels like a small bulge of nerves or veins. I don't mean to gross you out but I'm trying to be detailed in case someone might know what I'm talking about. DH set up a hot bath for me and it helped ease the pain, it starts from the perineum to the vaginal opening. The actual perineum isn't swollen. I tried rubbing it out while in the bath and it seemed to help to where I could actually walk better, but after while it came back. I can't even sit because it's so uncomfortable and kind of painful so I've called in to work. I've tried a cold compress but that didn't really work. If I try to contract my muscle like a kegel, it hurts. I've called my Dr and I'm waiting for a callback but I'm desperate to know if there's anyone that has gone through or is going through something similar and if there's some type of temporary relief. This is my 5th baby and I had never experienced this with my previous 4 kids. Thank you all for any input or getting this far...I'm so desperate! :(

**UPDATE**
So I went to the Dr today and had him take a look. He said I had a Bartholin cyst and asked if I wanted it drained. He said it should give me almost instant relief. My concern was what if the cyst grew bigger and maybe got in the way of delivery so I agreed to have it drained today. Well, he went in and it turned out that it was a bump full of little blood clots, no cyst. He said he had never seen anything like this before and asked if I had recently had some type of trauma down there and I hadn't. I haven't even been with my poor hubby for about 2-3 wks due to my sore ligaments. I don't know what could've caused it but he proceeded to drain the blood clots. In the process, I don't remember if he said he cut or it burst, but a little blood vessel burst and wouldn't stop bleeding. What scares me is that he used the term "artery" so I've been keeping close tabs on it. He said that if it continued to bleed nonstop, to go to the ER. He stuffed my v with gauze and asked that I wear a pad. I went to the bathroom and it fell out, which he said would be ok but asked that I keep a pad on. I'm not really bleeding, it's kind of just barely staining the pad. I go back tomorrow for a follow up but it feels so painful, even worse than before. I'm glad I went though because I heard clots could travel? Oh my goodness I hope I get good news tomorrow. Now I'm scared for when baby is born and I'm delivering, is it going to reopen the incision or burst the little blood vessel or something? Now I don't mind time going so slow because I want this thing to fully heal before she's born LOL

Thanks for reading and posting, just wanted to update :)
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Vaginal swelling is normal because of all the extra blood flow. And I've had that kind of swelling, it sucks! But yours doesn't sound normal. It's really odd that it is just in that one area. I think you did the right thing by calling the doctor. While you are waiting, you should go back and forth between warm and cold compresses. Feel better!

mommylicious210
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:03 PM
I'm going to try that since I can't be in the bath all day...even though that would be wonderful lol thank u
LNLMommy
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:06 PM

It's normal. Very annoying but very normal. Usually baths works temporarily but it's one of those side effects we have to deal with until baby is born. Baby is pushing on all those nerves causing a lot of pain.

mommylicious210
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:09 PM
It's normal on only one side too?I've never felt that before but you what they say that every pregnancy is different. Oh what we women go thru lol

Quoting LNLMommy:

It's normal. Very annoying but very normal. Usually baths works temporarily but it's one of those side effects we have to deal with until baby is born. Baby is pushing on all those nerves causing a lot of pain.

LNLMommy
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Depending on the postion of baby and how baby is laying, yep! My lady parts feel bruised this time around. I've never had this happen and it's baby #4 for me.

Quoting mommylicious210: It's normal on only one side too?I've never felt that before but you what they say that every pregnancy is different. Oh what we women go thru lol

Quoting LNLMommy:

mommylicious210
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Yes, that's how it feels, bruised. I thought I was an expert by now but I guess not lol

Quoting LNLMommy:

Depending on the postion of baby and how baby is laying, yep! My lady parts feel bruised this time around. I've never had this happen and it's baby #4 for me.

Quoting mommylicious210: It's normal on only one side too?I've never felt that before but you what they say that every pregnancy is different. Oh what we women go thru lol

Quoting LNLMommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN