Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Need opinions!

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:42 PM
  • 11 Replies

So I wasn't going to have a baby shower and my SIL out of the blue wants to do one...So I said ok and we were going to have it Fed 1st(37 weeks) but the club house is booked, so now we are going to shoot for Feb 8th(38 weeks).. I have a makeup artist booked and photographer booked (this will be my last so I wanted it to be the best)...

MY HISTORY:

DD born a week late

DS born at 36 weeks

Do you ladies think 38 weeks is way too late and a bad idea?

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vannah_Kaye
by Savannah on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
No, I think people do them any time after the sex is found out & even sometimes after the baby is born.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:53 PM
It will be fine :)
Proudmom0610
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Thank You I told myself I was going to take it really easy so I don't start up any action,lol

Quoting Pandapanda: It will be fine :)

Carolynishappy
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine was planned for a few weeks before my ds was due but then I was admitted to the hospital at 28 weeks and had him at 30 weeks. The shower went as shecduled. He had come home from the NICU by the time the shower came around but I left him with my dad. :)

*^*Carolyn*^* 

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:12 PM

There is a risk of missing it, but if you end up not being available, someone can fill in for you (like DH or your mom).  If that is whne it is available, I say go for it. 

However, having a baby shower for later kids is not generally looked well on.  It might be better to wait until after the baby gets here and do a "meet-the-baby" type party.  

Larsbug
by Laura on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you will be fine... if you have baby before, then do a "sip and see" instead of a shower  :0)

Proudmom0610
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Yea my mom would take my place, and I didn't have a shower for my second and most of my family know I gave away everything before finding out I was pregnant..my family and friends love parties so they don't really care

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

There is a risk of missing it, but if you end up not being available, someone can fill in for you (like DH or your mom).  If that is whne it is available, I say go for it. 

However, having a baby shower for later kids is not generally looked well on.  It might be better to wait until after the baby gets here and do a "meet-the-baby" type party.  

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:38 PM

It's fine =0)

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:38 PM

IF, by some chance, baby comes before then you can change it from a baby shower to a meet the baby party.

Tawn26
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Risky, all depends on if you mind being there. I love to be safe versus sorry but hey, taking a chance is just that, taking a chance, either way if your family loves to party they will bring the party to you in the hospital.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)