Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

7wks pregnant and have congestive heart failure

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:39 AM
  • 12 Replies
I had a baby in sept and two wks after he was born i was diagnosed with congestive heart failure aka medical term cardiomyopthy and i am worried about my health and more worried about the babys health and i am afraid of certain things that can cause my heart to give up or i won't have enough air i didn't plan in becoming pregnant again it just happened and i don't believe in abortion its illegal in my state and i am just wanting advice Please No Bashing Me i go and see my heart dr every 3 months but again Please No Bashing me thanks again for reading this
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this

a thousand HUGS!!

You have doctors that you can closely work with and monitor you-  I think that it might not be ideal, but you have some help around.

Best wishes sweetie!

samsanders
by Samantha on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck mama!
MrsHubert
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I would get ahold of your heart doctor ASAP, as well as your obgyn/midwife. That way they can start working with you and getting you the medical attention you need to have a safe and healthy pregnancy. Good luck

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Hugs! I think with careful medical surveillance you will do alright. Just call your docs right away. If it's any comfort to you, my 94 year old grandmother has had congestive heart failure for 35 years and is still going strong.
lovin-momma-
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Thank you all for your outpouring support and i am going to call my heart dr first thing this morning thanks again HUGS TO YOU
LilliesValley
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:07 AM
Sorry I'd go to another state for an abortion. Your first child needs you and if you continue with the pregnancy you and the second child likely won't make it. Best of luck though.

My cousin has this and did have two kids but she barely made it and the fact she's still alive is amazing. Your dh needs to get snipped. The amount of meds required for her is insane and I can't imagine subjecting a baby to all those meds in utero.
meagan517
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:09 AM
You will be ok : )
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:16 AM
How were you diagnosed? Have you gotten a second opinion? A cousin.of mines wife had congestive while pregnant and did wonderfully And is still doing very well
Positive thoughts!
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:03 AM

hugs

lovin-momma-
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Thanks again everyone your advice is really helping me
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)