Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

FREEBIES/ Favorites???

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:19 AM
  • 3 Replies

Hi Future Mamas, I am a newbie to this side, and was wondering if you had any advice for things to get early on in pregnancy (5 weeks). I obviously know about the book what to expect when you are expecting, but is there a better one?. Signed up for the FREE american baby magazine, but are there more free things that I don't know about? Thoughts, ideas?

by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:08 AM

bump

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:08 AM

oh and congrats

srm8824
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Yeah, I would recommend Dr. Sears "The Pregnancy Book". I hate the what to expect book... I feel like it can be a little biased.

I would say start looking into different ways your want to birth and weigh the pros and cons for yourself (natural vs. epidural/medicated). If you haven't, watch "The Business of Being Born". It's really informative. I guess from there you can kinda decide what direction you want to go in your pregnancy/labor/birth.

Also, whatever you choose make sure you know all the hospitals rules & regulations about labor and delivery beforehand so you know if its a good fit for you (no matter what kind of birth you have). You need to be prepared for all situations and have a hospital that supports you!

Good luck and congrats to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN