Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

depression and pregnancy

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:09 AM
  • 7 Replies
I'm on my second pregnancy and once again struggling with depression. I've never been like this until I had my first and its stuck with me even after. I'm looking for suppot and feedback anyone else have this experience.
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:37 AM

My depression actually got a lot better once I was pregnant, but the with the hormonal surges it is totally normal. It sounds like you had post partum depression that never got treated.

If it gets to the point where you cannot function and do what you need to on a daily basis, talk to you OB/MW about it and maybe start seeing a therapist.

hugsfeel better

MixedCooke
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:41 AM
St Johns Wort
MMerrill
by Melissa on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:06 PM

BUMP!

FireMoonGypsy
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:08 PM

I suffered silently and it was hell. Find a counselor, talk to your doctor. I went on Zoloft for a bit but that was after my daughter was born. It really helped. Get your husband involved if he is willing to listen. If you don't feel comfortable talking to him about it, maybe there are some good articles out there that can walk him through how you are feeling and can help him better understand so that he can be strong for you and not feel like he's helpless or take it personally. 

You don't have to go through this alone. Keep your chin up, sweetie. Don't be afraid to get help. 

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 9:37 PM

hugs ive had it for about 8 yrs and finally went for help but lost my ins so im back to where i started.

Kaylakaye
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Hang in there Hun ! I'm going through it too things will get better I'm trying to think about it as being a bit more positive !
NewMommyToBe814
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 12:35 AM
Mine has gotten a lot worse so far and I'm only 11 weeks pregnant with my first baby. My severe ms has isolated me from a lot of people and activities lately though so I'm hoping the depression will ease when my ms does? Fingers crossed for you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN