Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight gain

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:37 AM
  • 4 Replies
I'm not a new mom, nor am I young. I will be 38 next month. I am pregnant with baby #4 and due April 1. This baby wasn't planned, but very welcomed.

Before I got pregnant, I had lost about 15 lbs and was hoping to lose more (15-20 more at least) before the end of the year (got pregnant in July). I haven't gained much weight, maybe 17 lbs and I'm 29 weeks along, but each time I see the scale I get a little more sad/down. When I went over my previous weight before I started losing weight, I got sad. Not really depressed, but just very sad that I went above the weight I never wanted to see again. I wasn't "obese" but just over weight.

Has anyone else been like this? I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in feeling this way.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Junebaby18
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:17 AM
Bump
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:46 AM
It's hard to work your butt off to see it all coming back on... I lost the same amount before getting pregnant with this one. It's the first time I had ever worked so hard to lose weight and be healthier in general, but especially with the exercise... It took me 3 months to lose that much weight... Going through all that soreness and pain and coming so far... Thinking about it makes me wanna cry even though I did want to get pregnant! It does get easier over time, and I'm super lucky in that I don't gain very much weight during pregnancy(never gained more than 12lbs... I'm up 7lbs at 36w4d). And just getting started like I did before this pregnancy has me ready and prepared to go through it again once baby comes, and my pregnancy is much better than my other two so I think my hard work did have some positive impact!
definecorrupt
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:32 AM
I've been bummed out every time I see the scale at the doctor.. Is not like I've gained insane amounts, I'm in the average range. But it doesn't change the heart aching sick feeling I get. No women ever wants to gain weight (with the exception of under weight women), pregnant or not pregnant. So I think even the best of us aren't thrilled with the idea of gaining even for the baby.
Pagan_Mommy84
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:03 AM

yes...this pregnancy was a big surprise for me too, and I was walking a lot and dropping weight like crazy lol.  Well, now here it comes with a full vengence!!  But, we have until we have our babies.  Hold in there momma, pregnancy weight gain is beautiful, and your not gaining too much at all!!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)