Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant within 6 weeks of delivery?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:10 AM
  • 25 Replies

I had my daughter on thanksgiving of 2013 and started having sex 5 weeks after she was born. the first time having sex was unprotected and he didnt pull out. im not on birth control and havent gotten my period sense my post partum bleeding stopped which was dec 31 and we had sex the 1st. how can i tell if im pregnant without having my period and when can i test. if im not pregnant when should my period return? please helppp

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marilyn623
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:12 AM
I think you can test around 19 days after unprotected sex and get an accurate result...
Are you breastfeeding?
ahlannasmomm792
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:15 AM

no, i stopped when she was 3.5 weeks old. sorry forgot to add that. ive been goin crazy trying to get a answer to this question. lol

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:17 AM

You can test 2 weeks after you had sex. So now. Give it one more week to be sure. It can take months for your period to return or it can happen right away. It's different for everyone. You should be able to tell for sure within the next week though.

SuperMommy22
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:22 AM
Talk with the dr when you have your postpardum check up
ahlannasmomm792
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:08 AM
Thank you guys, I hope i am but I'm not ready for all the shit I'll hear for being pregnant so soon
navybeauty88
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:17 AM

I tested two weeks after we tried and I got a positive. Were you all trying for another? 

definecorrupt
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:25 AM
Not exactly the same, but I got pregnant 3 days after I had a miscarriage. I've heard you're actually more fertile right after a pregnancy.
ahlannasmomm792
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:25 AM
We didn't really talk about it until after the fact but sense we talked about it, yes.
ahlannasmomm792
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:31 AM
Yes you are more fertile, just lost without having a period to let me know if it's late lol
LNLMommy
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:16 AM

what these ladies said. It will take a while for your body to readjust and regulate to have normal cycles again so just wait a week and test. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)