Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My first trip to L&D

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:09 AM
  • 7 Replies
I'm not in labor but was awoken this morning to smoke alarms. Long story short the guy who fixed my heater yesterday did something. .... my heart was blasting well above what it was set for and the whole house was filled with smoke. I used the emergency shut off switch. Opened windows n Aired out the house. Took me a while but i couldn't figure out where the black on my hands was coming from. My nose.....i tried washing it out but even coughing n blowing my nose there's dd till some there. So I'm putting kids on the bus n taking a shower while the df is on his way home to get me n take me to go get checked out.

My kids are ok. My dd room in I the loft n had no vents do get room was a lil Smokey but not bad she escaped most of it. My son surprisingly slept thru it all n i had penned hours windows while he was sleeping. Neither really had the black in their nose n i asked if they felt sick or sore throat n both said no. So i have them bunch of water n they got ready for school.

i sleep with my door shut to keep the dog in my room so my alarm was the first one to go off probably bc of the confined space.
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KikiB85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:11 AM
My auto correct is crazy. Sorry for the typ-o
Baby3thinkpink
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Oh man, scary! I'm sorry hun! How all is well when u get checked!
Crazzzytega
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Thats scarey! Hope everything turns out ok, keep us updated
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Scary!  Hope all is ok!

KikiB85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Everything is good. N it turns out a birds nest fell down n blocked the airways to our heating system n caused all the smoke. I'm an animal lover bit i sure hope those birds went down with the nest...scariest shit of my life...ugh
Devious103102
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Hope the checkup says all is well!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Scary!!

Quoting KikiB85: Everything is good. N it turns out a birds nest fell down n blocked the airways to our heating system n caused all the smoke. I'm an animal lover bit i sure hope those birds went down with the nest...scariest shit of my life...ugh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured