Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Month Post-Partum NO SEX

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:05 PM
  • 31 Replies

I'm getting really frustrated because I am 4 1/2 weeks pp with DS #2 and my tear has not healed enough for me and DH to have sex.  I was barely bleeding at 2 weeks so we tried and it was painful so we stopped.  We've tried several times since and it STILL hurts >:(  I'm so irritated with this healing process.  It's hard enough to feel like yourself after giving birth; your boobs become milk factories for the baby and your DH only sees your nipples when they're getting sucked on by a baby or a pump, I have a weird ass line on my stomach that used to be flat as board and certainly isn't anymore, and more pot holes in my butt than a Detroit city street.  I FEEL disgusting but my DH is amazing and still tells me that I am beautiful and he is still very attracted to me and I can't even make love with him anymore.  I'm so done.  WHEN can I have sex again?  

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LNLMommy
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:26 PM

I had stitches with my first and honestly it took well after 6 weeks for me to feel normal again during sex

tiffa5ny
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:28 PM

I'm so sorry mama. I wish I had an answer for you but I'm on my first. I hope you heal up soon, but I'm glad your DH is being supportive.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:29 PM

With all mine I always waited the 6 weeks(when I got the go head from the Dr or midwife). My first I tore and we tried at six weeks and it hurt. So we wait another two weeks. Give your body time to heal. It will happen in time. 

LoveMyBug2013
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

You have to give yourself time to heal.  You shouldn't even think about having sex until about 6 weeks so that you have time to heal.  If you tore you could reopen the tear at the stitches.  Your body just needs time--it has gone through so much.

iamnameless
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Sorry but you need to wait until you heal in the mean time just snuggle together.
steph.sublette
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:53 PM

I had stitches as well, we tried at 6 weeks and i couldn't tried again at 8 weeks, still a no... honestly it still hurt well into 4months PP but I would say after about 6m pp things were back to normal.

Ive still got the line down my tummy.. im 9 m pp.

samsanders
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 2:57 AM
They say to wait at least 6 weeks.
Mammacra
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 5:23 AM
Your beautiful & you just had a baby don't beat yourself up! Your dh loves you & there's no rush to have sex again. I'm sure he would be very pleased with a blow job?
youngmamma740
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 6:53 AM
With my first I had to wait two and a half months before it didn't hurt but I did have twins
Rockabella
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 1:30 PM
I had stiches and had sex 4 or 5 weeks post partum. With my second it was two weeks after but I didn't have stiches that time my third baby I had stiches we waited 4 weeks

It didn't feel great though but I lived lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)