Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Excercise during pregnancy

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:43 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hey guys I decidet to start working out I'm 23 weeks and I'm just wondering anyone on here know how much excercise I would have to do for it to be affective right now I do 2 10 min workouts twice a day and walk a block I really wanna be toned any suggestions and or advice advice? :)
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
iamnameless
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Talk to your doctor before starting an exercise routine. I think the best think you can do is walk.
tiffa5ny
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Just be careful about twisting or lifting, and make sure you're getting A LOT of water. As far as effectiveness I have no idea. Good luck to you though.

jennierenna
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:55 PM

I'm 22w today and started walking again a few days ago. I've been doing 40-60 min a day at different speeds. I'm using one of those old Gazelle walking machines, lol. I've never been much for working out so no advice here but there are workout groups here that might be useful to you. Good luck and keep it up! I hope I can. :)

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Definitely no twisting or ab work and I would speak with your doc about any weight lifting. Yoga is great for toning. Keep your heartrate around 140ish.

I stick to the elliptical 3-4 days a week for 30 mins at a time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:49 PM

I was a runner before pregnancy and kept that up till twenty weeks. low impact works outs are fine if you didnt work out before pregnancy but nothing hardcore like walking for 30 min a few times a week. squats are another good things to be doing too that will help during labor

Bodi_mom
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:28 PM
If you're just now starting to exercise for the first time I would take it slow and definitely talk to you doctor. If you were exercising before you got pregnant you can pretty much do what you were just modify something's and monitor how you feel while working out. Also waking isn't really going to offer you much in the way of toning, for toning you might try light weights, body weight stuff (yoga ect) but talk to your doc first!!!
Homeschoolmo701
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:14 PM

I go to a special class for pregnant gals at the gym.  I love it and think it makes a natural delivery a litttle easier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)