Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

themes?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:48 PM
  • 21 Replies
Will baby have a theme in their room or space? What is it? Will all the baby gear (carseat, stroller, swing, bounce, diaper bag...) all match the theme or each other?
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamnameless
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:50 PM
I think we are either doing a Hello Kitty theme or minnie mouse theme. The carseat and other things will not match the theme. And most likely will not match each other.
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:53 PM

The crib stuff and a few accessories are moon and stars.  No other gear will have that theme.  That stuff (stroller, swing, etc) doesn't all match either.  We just get what we like and keep it neutral.

sburger315
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:55 PM

With DS we did Winnie the Pooh. We didn't find out the sex until birth so we kept it gender neutral. Right now his room is Lightening McQueen.

With DD we did Butterflies and still is.

With the twins we will probably stick with Butterflies since they get DD's old room.

& no, only the rooms were/are themed. Nothing else was.

Luke 3/15/11    Maddie 4/29/12    Identical Twin Girls Due 5/29/14

iamnameless
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:57 PM
My first I made everything match. It all had to be an animal theme. I even had the matching diaper bag which was this little blue and got so dirty and gross looking.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

The crib stuff and a few accessories are moon and stars.  No other gear will have that theme.  That stuff (stroller, swing, etc) doesn't all match either.  We just get what we like and keep it neutral.

jennierenna
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:07 PM

We aren't doing a theme for baby boy. I can't even decide on a color. I'm 22w today and have yet to buy a single thing! 

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:19 PM

His room started off with a Muppets theme, and still has some of those elements, but it kind of evolved into more of a Muppets-based color scheme (oranges, blues, greens, etc). We're still working on finishing it up. :) Hopefully sometime next week/weekend!

It's just his room, though. The rest of his stuff isn't a certain theme.

CafeMom Tickers
Junebaby18
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Just his room. It will be classic cars. Everything else will just be boyish colors; blue, brown, gray, red, etc.
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Probably but since Idk what I'm having yet I haven't really thought about it. No the car seat, swing, etc won't match.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:16 PM
We won't have a theme.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffa5ny
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:26 PM

We're going for frogs, and trying to at least match color wise, but I won't turn down free stuff if it doesn't match as long as it's gender appropriate.

Ex: We have green swing with monkeys and bananas on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)