Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coco butter

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

I got some coco butter and its suppose to prevent strech marks. Does it truly help? 

Forever and Alway's Their's..... D & S

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mcmlx3v
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been using it twice a day since about the start of my second trimester, and now I'm just starting the third trimester, and I have no stretch marks, so I would say it works.  It also helps with itching.

toopicky429
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
No, some women are just more prone to stretch marks. I slathered myself multiple times daily with my pregnancies, and still have a lot. I got most of them the last few weeks of my first pregnancy. Hopefully your skin will hold up well, good luck!
Heather2001
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

No.  Well, it'll make your stretching skin feel better, but it won't prevent stretch marks.  Sorry.  It's all genetic.

MrsSexyCurtains
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I bought some but the smell makes me gag so I have to buy non scented lotion on my tummy. I used it when I was pregnant with dd and it didn't really work but it could've worked for others.
LuvMyBoys09
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting Heather2001:

No.  Well, it'll make your stretching skin feel better, but it won't prevent stretch marks.  Sorry.  It's all genetic.

sdsgrubb
by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:26 AM

I'm not worried to much about getting them, I mean they will mark what I have been threw in my life. I was just wondering if the lotion truly prevents them. lol

Thank you. My mom never got them and never used lotion, so maybe I won't get them. 

Quoting toopicky429: No, some women are just more prone to stretch marks. I slathered myself multiple times daily with my pregnancies, and still have a lot. I got most of them the last few weeks of my first pregnancy. Hopefully your skin will hold up well, good luck!

hannaahmaay
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I've been using the palmers cocoa butter stretch mark cream/lotion and it hasn't helped prevent them (since nothing does) but it's helped their appearance! Plus it feels really good to put on when your skin gets itchy, I find it very soothing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)