Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

premature labor

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 3:50 PM
  • 10 Replies
I have pain and a burning sensation in my pubic bone n i started losing my mucus plug around 25 weeks now I'm 27 wks.am I going into premature labor?
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
azn_ladie82
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Possibly if you're starting to lose your mucus plug. Call your OB asap! I lost my mucus plug with  my 2nd son at 27 weeks and had him the next day. Lost my mucus plug with my 3rd son at 28 weeks but he held on until the 29th week. Good luck to you!

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Possibly a UTI...have you talked to your dr or midwife about it?

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:01 PM
Call your doctor.
Libra113
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Are you sure it is the mucous plug. It is very normal to have a burning sensation in the pubic bone. It is all the muscles and bones are just loosening. I am pregnant with my third and around 20 weeks with all of them I had it and as time goes on it just gets worse even hard time to walk. But if you are 100 positive it is your mucous plug then I would call Dr to even ask. Good luck hun
kd0408
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:09 PM
nI already called n she said it couldnt have been my mucus plug because it didnt have blood in it which I found odd.did yours have blood in it n how much came out?
Libra113
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Mucous plug always usually have blood, maybe you just have thick discharge.
kd0408
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:13 PM
I mean it resembled thick snot .isnt that how the plug look? I looked on the internet for confirmation and the pictures look just like it
Libra113
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Yeah but it should have blood in it as well. Maybe you just have an infection.
jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:32 PM

The plug regenerates so you can lose parts of it through out even early pregnancy and it will replenish.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 4:34 PM

All you can do it call your Dr/OB/Midwife and see what they say. I will say your mucus plug can regenerate. With my third I lost big, small pieces and some with blood for 5 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN