Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How long will your DH/SO take off from work after baby arrives?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:11 PM
  • 70 Replies

How long will your DH/SO take off from work after baby arrives?

by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HKing01
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:15 PM

I think he said they were going to let him have 2 days off which is kind of depressing because with another c-section I'm sure I'll be in the hospital longer than that.

lovebugs_mom906
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband usually takes a week to 10 days off, depending on what day baby is born.
NESmith63
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Whatever he wants. But he is a work-a-holic. He will stay off the whole time I am in the hospital and hopefully a couple days after we come home. But he will go in late at least and get our son on the bus and DD dropped off at preschool for me I'm sure!
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Aw that is hard!  Yea, my dh never gets much time off either.  It's rough!  Do you have any family or friends which could help you out?

Quoting HKing01:

I think he said they were going to let him have 2 days off which is kind of depressing because with another c-section I'm sure I'll be in the hospital longer than that.

KelliansMom
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Depends on how busy work is, spring time is a busy time for them. But he can also work from home if need be.
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:20 PM
For dd he got twoish days and for ds he took a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:20 PM

lol I hear you on the work-a-holic...I have a DH who is like that too.

Quoting NESmith63: Whatever he wants. But he is a work-a-holic. He will stay off the whole time I am in the hospital and hopefully a couple days after we come home. But he will go in late at least and get our son on the bus and DD dropped off at preschool for me I'm sure!

HKing01
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:21 PM

My parents live close by so they will be here to help me and watch my 3 older kids.

Quoting meam4444:

Aw that is hard!  Yea, my dh never gets much time off either.  It's rough!  Do you have any family or friends which could help you out?

Quoting HKing01:

Baby3thinkpink
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Probably a couple days, we need the money! :D
WVmom06
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:32 PM

My DH took off a week after our daughter was born.  When I had our son in December he was able to take off Dec. 21st till January 2nd.  His job is awesome and offers paternity leave now which they didn't do when our daughter was born.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)