Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Advice Needed: UGH My son is 4 years old now and for...

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:12 PM
  • 8 Replies

UGH! My son is 4 years old now and for the past year or so I have been really really sick with baby fever! I have been with my soon-to- be husband for almost a year. We want a baby but we are no where near ready for one. How do I control my baby urges? (Like, it's bad. I get really emotional when I see baby's and really jealous when I see pregnant women!)

banging head into wall

by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JorJorsMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:39 PM

From my experience no time is a "good time", it just fits nicely into your life when it happens.  But if you and your partner are really not ready then you should wait.  You could do some babysitting.. spend time with little ones then give em back.  Lol

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Can you babysit? Or discuss a plan for ttc with your hubby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
colesmommy2009
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Babysitting makes it worse, LoL. I kept my nephew for a whole weekend and it drove me crazy. I just feel as though my life would be complete with just one more. We already have the names picked out for boy or girl. I think we are just scared. I have one child and he has 2.

JorJorsMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Have you told your hubby this?

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 20, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Talk to your husband! It might be wise to see where you're both at.
colesmommy2009
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Yes. We have very good communication skills. LoL. I literally tell him everything. Anyways yes, he knows. He just thinks that right now is not a very good time. I just started my new job as a Middle School Teacher and he just got promoted at his job. He thinks that we will be ready to "ttc" in a few months with things settle back down financially. What I'm asking is how do I control it? I am always emotional and I get mood-swings as though I am either pregnant or pmsing 24/7. LoL i'm sure i'm becoming a pain to live with. So any ideas on how to help....

samsanders
by Samantha on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:16 AM
I agree with this 100%.

Quoting JorJorsMom:

From my experience no time is a "good time", it just fits nicely into your life when it happens.  But if you and your partner are really not ready then you should wait.  You could do some babysitting.. spend time with little ones then give em back.  Lol

JorJorsMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Since your a school teacher it would be a good idea to plan your pregnancy so your due date is the end of June, then you'll have the whole summer with the new baby.  Unless your going to be a sahm.  But planning is so so so so much easier said then done, lol.  He's open to ttc in the near future and that's great news. Idk what to do about your urges except to just tell yourself it's comming soon when the time is right.  You have to have a little patience.  Best of luck to you!

Quoting colesmommy2009:

Yes. We have very good communication skills. LoL. I literally tell him everything. Anyways yes, he knows. He just thinks that right now is not a very good time. I just started my new job as a Middle School Teacher and he just got promoted at his job. He thinks that we will be ready to "ttc" in a few months with things settle back down financially. What I'm asking is how do I control it? I am always emotional and I get mood-swings as though I am either pregnant or pmsing 24/7. LoL i'm sure i'm becoming a pain to live with. So any ideas on how to help....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)