Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

overweight and pregnant

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:51 AM
  • 36 Replies
Ok, so I'm 18 weeks along, I'm also overweight, I haven't felt the baby move and its freaking me out! Everyone keeps telling me I should be feeling something by now, and I can't exactly afford to go to the doctor every time I get worried. Words of wisdom/support?
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babie113
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this
the baby might be towards your back im obese and 16w I feel baby move .
Irene1923
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:53 AM
1 mom liked this
With my daughter I felt a few small flutters around 17/18 weeks but didn't feel definitive movement until I was about 21/22 weeks. Once I realized what the movemement felt like, I realized I had felt it for a couple weeks. If this is your first, just give it time. A lot of factors can affect when we feel baby move and you just might not be recognizing it.
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:06 AM
18w is on the early side. I'm having #3 and still wasn't feeling much at even 20w due to my extra padding and an anterior placenta. I would say 22-23w is more realistic, maybe 21w
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitt13
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:22 AM
Ok thank you! That makes me feel a little bit more relieved. I'm just afraid to go to my next ultrasound and there won't be a heartbeat

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: 18w is on the early side. I'm having #3 and still wasn't feeling much at even 20w due to my extra padding and an anterior placenta. I would say 22-23w is more realistic, maybe 21w
Miss.penguin
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 21 weeks and just started really feeling him move
whitt13
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:29 AM
I LOVE your username BTW! I'm obsessed with penguins lol

Quoting Miss.penguin: I'm 21 weeks and just started really feeling him move
azn_ladie82
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Depends on what baby this is for you. With my first I didn't feel baby til I was in my 20th week or so. I felt it early on with my second, third and fourth (current).
MrsHubert
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm overweight and I didn't feel baby until I was 21 weeks. I have an anterior placenta as well. You might have one. Being overweight has no effect on feeling baby on the inside.
esox
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Nothing to worry about. I didn't feel my kid until 19 weeks and even then it was sporadic until around 23 weeks. My advice is to stop listening to what others have to say (ha!). Everyone wants to put in their two cents, but every pregnancy  is different. If you continue to listen to others you'll likely be in a frenzy the whole time. 

Ashes0813
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I had an anterior placenta with my second and it took so long before I could feel her. I remember seeing her moving like crazy during a later ultrasound and asking why I couldn't feel all of that then my ob showing me exactly why and where the placenta had attached. I wasn't overweight so maybe it's just the placenta in the way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN