Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Seafood!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:48 AM
  • 8 Replies
Long story short, my boyfriend and I have been having sex without back up methods. I am on birth control. I was taking cryselle and now I'm taking low ogestrel. I thought the pills were the same but apparently they're not? I'm not even sure at this point. For the past week I haven't been feeling good at all and have been pretty nauseous. I'm vacationing in Florida and had a seafood dinner last night. I wasn't thinking seafood and pregnancies don't mix! I don't know if I'm pregnant or having side effects from these new pills. If I happened to be pregnant would seafood effect the baby this early??
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lauren.m
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:57 AM
I love seafood. I eat seafood while prego. I'm sure even if you are pregnant your baby will be just fine.
missbritt22
by Brittany on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Yep I agree, I love seafood! Only cooked seafood of course :)
n_icole
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Okay this makes me feel a bit better! I know you can eat it in moderations but I didn't know if it's very harmful with a high intake
iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:26 PM
I live in fl and seafood is a weekly thing for me. It just has to be cooked well (no seared tuna or raw sushi) and avoid the fish that tend to be heavy in mercury. ....like swordfish, shark, mackerel, etc.
williammom132
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:35 PM
I love seafood I ate that with my first dd the baby will be fine
samsanders
by Samantha on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Oh yeah. It needs to be cooked however. I love seafood!
n_icole
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:04 PM
The only seafood I have eaten is calamari, lobster, mahi mahi and tuna. Nothing too high in mercury I don't think!
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:32 PM
I think you'll be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)