Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:23 PM
  • 19 Replies
Baby is making this difficult. Not dilating at all, still 5cm since 9am even with pitocin and I'm starting to run a fever . Hoping it changes and quick . :-(
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Oh no! Do they think the fever is caused by some sort of infection? Have they broken your water?

rwcw89
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:29 PM
Yeah they broke it about 3hours ago it had some mecconium in it .... Once they told me that I had a feeling things would go south . They put a cath near the baby to measure contractions strength . Baby is big for me so I figured that's why I wasn't going to dilate. It was measuring 7.9 at 39 weeks, I'm 5"0

Quoting jenbah81:

Oh no! Do they think the fever is caused by some sort of infection? Have they broken your water?

jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Hmmm well I hope s/he decides to pop out here pretty soon! I know you have had a rough time the past cpl of weeks. You poor thing. :o( Here soon no matter how s/he ends up coming s/he will be so worth it all.

TeamBlueNPink
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:41 PM

oh man im sorry hun! it took me from 7pm till the next morning to dialate with my first it was rough & i also had pitocin. i hope baby comes soon!

rwcw89
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:24 PM
They just upped my pitocin, my blood pressure is kinda low right now. Well it's been low all day. It's taking forever to do anything I know the epi probably slowed this combined with the baby siZe

Quoting TeamBlueNPink:

oh man im sorry hun! it took me from 7pm till the next morning to dialate with my first it was rough & i also had pitocin. i hope baby comes soon!

MyahsMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Don't fret too much about baby's size, I'm also 5'0 and I have had babies 7, 8, and over 10lbs! Sometimes it just takes a long time to get things going, especially with pitocin. I had to be on the max dose of pitocin with my 10lb baby, he wouldn't engage and it was a very long labor as well. Hang in there!
Devious103102
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Good thoughts that things get moving!

Kaybean
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:07 PM
That baby shouldn't be too big at all. I'm shorter than you and pushed about a bigger baby than that just fine :)
iamnameless
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:08 PM
:-( well I hope things start to change.
Baby3thinkpink
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:10 PM
Glad to hear your there and getting induced, I hope your end is coming very soon! Keep us updated, I'm loving all your posts! :D get me excited for the big day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured